Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Bid Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Lead bids less than 15M in the preparation and submission of commercial proposals to clients.
- Liaise with Functional Management and sales managers on bid preparation.
- Ensure the preparation of bids in compliance with Bidding process from bid start through order booking and handover.
- Ensure the strategy with Sales targets and the implementation of Company policies / guidelines for the definition and preparation of all financial / economic items of the assigned bids
- Confirm alignment between delivery team and sales team.
- Contribute to the definition of the bid strategy
- Ensure the control of the bidding costs for the assigned bids
- Ensure the continuous update of opportunities data base for the assigned bids
- Ensure the implementation of lessons learned from delivery teams for assigned bids.
- Maintain bid information and filing for entire bid group.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of working experience on proposal or delivering projects.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to lead and work with others in a team environment to deliver proposals
- Strong computer skills with experience using MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of project management practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work with numbers and spreadsheets
- Marketing and technical knowledge and/or experience in the transit or railroad industry
- PMI, PMP, or CAPM Certification is desirable
- Project experience
- Experience preparing project cost estimates
- Experience with contracts and commercial terms and conditions.
- Ability to write technical proposals.
- Experience working in a global team environment.
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/