Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking applicants with a strong knowledge in Systems Administration - troubleshooting skills with Linux, Unix, and/or Windows. The candidate should possess a solid understanding of networking technologies such as DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. This role requires troubleshooting - supporting solutions with AWS (CSP) experience/knowledge.
***Must have flexibility to work 24/7, rotating shifts.
***US Citizenship is required for government clients support.Responsibilities
• Act as Tier 1 Support Engineer to triage and troubleshoot issues with AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS etc.
• Document solutions for known issues using the company knowledge base system
• Advocate customer requests, troubleshoot and resolve complex, escalate critical issues to L2/L3 and beyond and advocate for resolution
• Prioritize technical issues, define, and track bugs and offer creative solutions
• Work in a team setting in a shared services environment
• Positive attitude expected - should be able to adapt and work based on business demand
• Interface with external customers as needed
***Must have flexibility to work 24/7, rotating shifts.Primary Qualifications
• In depth knowledge of either UNIX/Linux or Windows Environment.
• Good written and verbal English communication.
• Open to work in rotating shifts in 24x7 model.
• Minimum 1 years of experience in Tier 1 support
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• Proficient experience on System Administration (Linux / Windows) - Certified
• Experience on AWS at the AWS Associate/SysOps/Developer Certification course level. - Certified
- Linux Administration (RHCE Certification)
- Scripting (Shell or Python)
- ITIL experience in handling Incidents, changes, service requests
- Performance Monitoring (Nagios, Zabbix, Datadog, or any other such tools)
- TCP/IP Networking Knowledge
- SSL / TLS Management
- Jenkins CI/CD Pipelines Management
- AWS Cloud Management
- Terraform / CloudFormation
- ELK Experience
- Security Fundamentals
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.