- Management and mentoring of competence development of HSE team consisting of Advisor(s), Senior HSE Advisor(s) and HSE/PMT Administrative Assistant
- Support the cross functional team with the development of suitable processes to review and approve the Work Package Plans/Task Briefs or Safe Systems of Work, (SSOW).
- Liaise with other parties, (statutory bodies, stakeholders, HSE, ORR, etc.) as and when required.
- Identifying applicable HSE legal and other requirements, (e.g. Customer requirements). This includes support in the implementation of aforementioned and IMS/GBMS policies and processes.
- Development and implementation of a suitable project HSE management system with the cross functional team.
- Assist the project/HSE team with the maintenance of requirements associated with ISO14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards.
- Carry out auditing of the project and its contractors and monitoring the application of HSE internal management systems.
- Provide HSE advice and guidance as and when required to the Company and its sub-contractors
- Monitor compliance against requirements of Client Standards and other applicable industry standards
- Liaise with Scottish Environment Protection Agency, (SEPA) and other statutory bodies to obtain relevant licenses, notices and all other environmental requirements
- Support the project team in the development of an effective Safety Culture through the use innovative ideas and best practice in the industry
- Implement processes which result in the effective review and acceptance of SSOW/Work Package Plans and ensure that all HSE requirements are addressed with functional leads
- Support with the development, implementation and review of Health and Safety Plans, CPP's, EMP's, Fire/Emergency Response Plan, HSE Risk Assessments and Method Statements (generic and site specific documents)
- Collect suitable data for suitable HSE Key Performance Indicators and communicate to appropriate persons within the Company on periodic basis
- Implement suitable active monitoring mechanisms which include safety tours, inspections and audits.
- Carry out HSE accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Undertake Health, Safety & Environmental briefings and training and identify/implement suitable HSE training for project staff.
- Attendance of the HSE management review for HSE management systems in the UK
- Management of the administrative HSE aspects and contractual HSE requirements
- Provide HSE advice and guidance as and when required to the Company, Client, cross functional project team and its contractors
- Represent the Project in HSE meetings, (e.g. UK HSE Committee) and chair forums such as the HSE Contractors forum.
Minimum of 10 year's working in a civils and/or railway environment
Experience of implementing HSE policy and management systems on complex railway projects or other similar high risk environments.
Effective working knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
Knowledge of UK safety and environment legislation and industry standards
Suitable level of experience in implementing and maintaining the ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2018 management systems.