Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Installation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Boston, MA
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Develop standards for common equipment installations including, control houses, cabinets, racks, antennas, power feeds, cable routing, conduit schedules, etc.
• Develop technical requirements associated to Purchase Technical specifications for construction and installation companies.
• Coordinate with integration leads and rail system design leads throughout bid and project execution phases of a project.
• Develop and finalize all installation interface documents to close, for all subsystem and sub-contract suppliers.
• Provide expertise with interface and installation designs to assure compliance to all local and national codes for structural, mechanical, civil, and electrical.
• Assure that the installation designs, are reviewed by the team, implemented within the subsystem and subcontractors designs and accepted by the customer.
• Lead scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, or Systems Engineering; Master's degree will be considered and asset.
• Minimum 3 years' experience with installation, construction, or coordination within an engineering firm.
• Understanding of design processes in 2D (AutoCAD/ Microstation) minimum; BIM management (3D to 7D) would be considered an asset.
• Strong skill with communications within a cross-functional team of engineers and construction personnel
• Skilled with interface management within a cross-functional team of engineers and construction personnel
• The ability to work independently while establishing a strong working relationship with cross-functional team members.
• Proven record of successful project completion
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience, but not required
• Prefer over 5 years' experience with installation, construction, or coordination within an engineering firm.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations Education / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree Languages
Spanish - (would be considered an asset) Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/