Meet our Team
This Director level position is responsible for the AMER Global Support Center Escalation Management (EM), Critical Situation Management, File and Content, and other activities related to customer service and support. This includes responsibility for remote hardware, software, and solution support, and when appropriate on-site support. This role can also be leveraged for other support activities occurring globally as required. This position will directly report to the AMER Global Support Center Sr. Director.What you'll be doing
This role plays a key part in developing and implementing globally consistent strategic direction for business service support, design, and implementation as well as establishing, implementing and maintaining best practice service standards to maximize customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for directing, coaching and managing the AMER Global Support Center Data Intelligence and Escalation Management teams to achieve these objectives.
A key focus of this role is to develop and leverage strong partnerships with AMER management team Global Support Center leadership team as well as key stakeholders in services, sales, marketing and manufacturing to deliver world class service and support, improve product serviceability and processes to continue to improve product quality and enhance customer satisfaction.
What you bring to the team
- Ensures organization provides world class service and support and meets (and exceeds) organizational targets in Customer Satisfaction, Case Resolution, Response SLA's etc.
- Address any global customer satisfaction issues in a timely manner and to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
- Collaborates with other members of Global and regional services and Support Leadership team to resolve issues, identify opportunities for improvement, resolve joint staffing issues and/or identify opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Develops and communicates a compelling vision for the department that sets a positive tone, drives employee engagement, provides clarity for staff on objectives and how those objectives can be achieved; ensure all service communications are coordinated and support service goals.
- Provides effective coaching and feedback to direct (and indirect) reports to achieve and exceed their objectives and ensures those objectives are consistent with the organization.
- Participate on a rotational basis a duty rotation to cover out of hours GSC management and leadership responsibilities.
- Effectively develops and implements departmental policies and procedures. Ensures that they are consistent with organization policies.
- Reports the performance indicators for area of responsibility to leaders. Provides recommendations for improving organizational and personnel performance.
- Ensures the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources. Manage resources to ensure consistent global coverage.
- Maintain weekend and weekday coverage schedule.
- Drive individual and team performance, coaching, mentoring, training, recognition and reward. Create a positive workplace environment and implement programs to drive positive employee morale.
- Collaborate with Customer Services and Support to ensure service and support goals are met within day to day, week to week, and weekend case and incident handling.
- Tactically address critical customer escalations as needed across Global Support operations PODS - CORE, Solutions, FCDI
- Collaborate with all Global Support teams EMEA, APAC and the America's to deliver seamless world class support to our Hitachi Vantara partners and customers.
- Collaborate with external OEM Global Support teams to deliver seamless world class support to our Hitachi Vantara partners and customers.
- Ensure clear, concise, and timely communications are always maintained by the team, internal and external.
- Ensure agreed levels of service are always maintained or exceeded.
- Conduct regular meetings with direct reports to ensure expectations remain in line with goals of the global team.
- Develops and communicates a vision for Global Support that sets a positive tone and clarifies both staff objectives and how those objectives can be achieved. Leads by example and follow through on commitments.
- Meets as needed with other members of the GSC management team to resolve issues, identify opportunities for improvement, resolve joint budgeting/staffing issues and identify opportunities for increased efficiency.
- At all times maintaining the highest standard demanded by our global customers and ensuring "best practices" are always adhered to by all members of the team, ensuring the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Scope of influence
• Hitachi Vantara Customer Service and Support
• Hitachi Vantara Engineering
• Hitachi Product and Service Engineering
• Third Party Vendor Engineering
- Minimum BA/BS in business or management or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years of service and support related experience in an IT product organization with at least 5 years in a management role.
- Strong matrix management skills with internal and external stake holders and recognized as an influential leader who inspires trust and collaboration.
- Understands the need for and embraces change, effectively planning, preparing, and leading change.
- Proven record of successful staff management, specifically in recruiting, leading, motivating, coaching, and developing.
- Operates with the highest of integrity and effectively role models and upholds our Company Values, the Hitachi Spirit.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills with a proven track record communicating with all levels of the organization.
- Must have broad functional experience in the areas of project management, program development, planning, creation and operations.
- AMER regional service and support experience required.
- Builds and maintains strong market knowledge in world class customer support trends and benchmarks.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge