Job description Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Ensure that from the contract and commercial perspectives, contract requirements, responsibilities and exposures are managed to optimize the potential financial return while mitigating commercial risk during delivery of Complex project. Accountabilities:
- Ensure proactive identification of commercial and contractual related risks and issues and development of appropriate mitigation strategies to ensure key project milestones are achieved.
- Ensure handling and/or resolution of contract and commercial issues during project delivery to optimize company's positions.
- Ensure establishing sustainable customer relationship to re-negotiate existing terms or variations to improve commercial position
- Ensuring the maintenance of contractual records and documentation (all contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports)
- Ensure establishing appropriate flow down terms document for the engagement of major downstream subcontracts
- Ensuring Claims preparation support and managing disputes in accordance with the contract provisions
- Formulate and ensure appropriate contract reviews are effectively conducted during bidding
- Contribute to the definition of the contract management strategy
Skills and Knowledge Categories
Education: Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
Experience: From 5 up to 10 years of expertise in contract/commercial management with minimum 2 years in similar capacity
English & languages knowledge: English & native project languages knowledge
Railway Operations and Signaling principles: Knowledge of the main railway principles and the related signaling functionalities. Project Scope Management