Hitachi is a rapidly transforming ~$80 billion conglomerate focused on Mobility, Energy, Smart Life, IT, Automotive Systems, and Industry, markets where digital transformation drives competitive advantage. For example, the world-famous Hitachi bullet trains are now digital trains, collecting 10,000 parameters per second of data. We are similarly transforming all our core businesses with data, and simultaneously becoming a global player in numerous IT markets. Revenues from Hitachi's IT sector, which is led worldwide by Hitachi Vantara, already represent more than 20% of total Hitachi revenues annually. The acquisition of GlobalLogic - the largest in Hitachi's history - will only further advance our ability to help clients on their data-driven journey.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides its customers from what's now to what's next by solving their data challenges. Working alongside each customer, the company applies unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to data and applications to benefit business, society and the environment. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, and enhance customer experiences. Hitachi Vantara supports 9 of the world's top 10 banks, 9 of the top 10 telcos, 9 of the top 10 media companies, and 6 of the top 10 life sciences companies.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a passionate and proven Head of Social Media and Newsroom to bring our company story, leaders' perspectives and values to life through social media and digital news channels.
At Hitachi Vantara, we believe every organization has the potential to become data driven, and that data-driven solutions can solve some of the toughest business, societal and environment challenges.
The Head of Social Media and Newsroom will intrigue, inspire, and motivate Hitachi Vantara's clients, partners, influencers, and current and future employees to join us on our mission. S/he will conceive and execute engaging video, graphical, written and short-form social media campaigns and content that attracts new followers and invite existing followers to engage more deeply with Hitachi Vantara content and experts. The successful candidate will directly manage a team of three social media professionals, an agency of contract writers, a creative agency, and work closely with our growing in-house video production and creative team. S/he will have a strong understanding of the technology industry and be able to creatively connect the dots between issues that interest business decision makers, and communications techniques that appeal to every viewer and reader. We particularly want to augment our already-engaging news and culture content with thought leadership content that articulates a point-of-view on the role of data in business, technology, societal and environmental trends. S/he will be a strong executive communicator that can distill and effectively articulate complex technical topics and influence and manage cross-functional relationships to drive the best possible outcomes for the business and their team. S/he is a strong writer and project manager who loves to roll up their sleeves and can manage and collaborate with a distributed, remote team and a broad network of internal stakeholders and agency partners to deliver results.
This position reports to the Vice President of Corporate Marketing and Communications and resides within the company's Global Marketing organization. Location for this position is flexible.Responsibilities
- Oversee the strategy and management of Hitachi Vantara social media channels, and the Hitachi Vantara newsroom and blog.
- Develop campaigns and content that showcases Hitachi Vantara executives, experts, clients, and partners in ways that align to Hitachi Vantara business and marketing priorities.
- Partner with the Hitachi Vantara executive team to develop and articulate the company's overall business and technology direction and strategy.
- Develop original video and written thought leadership content on emerging business, societal, environmental and technical trends, and devise a strategy for the development and expansion of the Hitachi Vantara thought leadership program.
- Lead and manage a team of three US-based social media professionals and collaborate closely with marketing managers in EMEA and APAC who support regional channels.
- Oversee a team of contract writers and drive editorial strategy for executive and news blogs, while also overseeing quality and planning of blogs provided by experts from across the organization.
- Manage creative agencies as needed to produce premium content.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product, solutions and services marketing, customer advocacy, partner marketing, public relations, and social media to develop integrated communications strategies for product, solution and service introductions.
- Develop and drive the social media and newsroom function's program metrics and KPIs.
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience managing social media and newsroom programs.
- Experience in large, global B2B technology, software, services companies a plus.
- Strong creative, writing, and program management skills.
- Excellent executive communications capabilities.
- Knowledge of the technology and data trends landscape.
- Experience working with distributed global communications and marketing colleagues, and agency partners, to ensure global consistency and alignment of messaging and content.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality work, calmly and with good judgment in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.