• Provide production support and maintenance services for Hitachi VSP G/F series, VSP, USPv, HNAS, HCP and Brocade SAN network directors - switches.
• Liaise and cooperate with vendors on SAN device firmware or microcode management.
• Work with customer on Technology Refresh, Data Migration, Server Relocation, Data Center Maintenance or Business Continuity Process validation.
• Support SAN related performance monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning.
• Perform change and problem management in detail and follow company standards.
• Manage incident - change according to ITIL standard.
• Prepare quarterly performance reports for Hitachi storage systems and ad hoc performance reports when needed.
• Develop and implement program and/or script, task automation to enhance monitoring/reporting/troubleshooting/health check procedure.
• Performance review against users/SLA requirements and optimize system performance by establish appropriate storage system and SAN network configuration changes.Qualifications
• Programming and stats skill is an advantage - Perl/Python and R programming, anomaly detection with different statistical models. Performance classification using different approaches like KNN / iForest/ One-class SVM.
• At least 8 years' experience within complex IT environments including storage management and provisioning.
• Fluent English and Cantonese.
• Bachelor degree is a must.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge