Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara's Global Business Operations group is responsible for optimizing enterprise operations. One of our core activities is conceptualizing and leading strategic, cross-functional enterprise transformation and change initiatives which support the vision of Hitachi Vantara, by driving and enabling operational excellence and accelerating organic and inorganic growth. Enabled by these activities, the organization will be able to align functional priorities to corporate and operational strategy and execute those priorities in an agile and transparent fashion.
This Senior Project Manager role is a part of the enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO) in the Global Business Operations group. This role and the team will support the multi-year business transformation underway at Hitachi Vantara, with responsibility for owning and driving all project management needs and activities for cross-functional initiatives under the transformation and global operations banner.
In this role, the PM will be responsible for standing up, leading, and managing projects through their lifecycle, from strategy to execution and successful completion, while ensuring delivery with excellence through instituting and following a consistent methodology, industry best practices and processes / systems to enable it. The PM will work closely with internal business and technology stakeholders at junior and senior levels to understand their needs and coordinate delivery. The ability to both coordinate activities, timelines, contingencies, and dependencies of work plans as well as communicate progress and drive decision-making at an executive level is a must.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Be a primary contributor within Hitachi Vantara's enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO).
- Lead cross-functional, geographically distributed project teams to deliver projects as scoped, on schedule, on budget, and with high quality. Provide both strategic and tactical execution support to ensure that these objectives are met.
- Develop and manage detailed project artifacts, plans, timelines, and budgets with a clear understanding of milestones, deliverables, dependencies, and accountability.
- Demonstrate strategic understanding of stakeholder needs, and business and technology objectives.
- Partner with business and technical stakeholders to refine requirements and orchestrate the decomposition of those requirements into an executable project plan.
- Navigate, partner with, and influence teams at all levels within the organization.
- Drive the project/project delivery strategy through the consistent application of a project management framework, training, methodologies, metrics, assets, and tools across Hitachi Vantara.
- Conduct regular updates to the senior director of the ePMO, vice president of Global Business Operations, and the Business Operations and Transformation executive leadership.
- Support organizational change management efforts to ensure stakeholder buy-in / alignment, engagement and change adoption for the changes introduced through the transformation projects. Develop collateral, communications and manage change champion network as part of these change efforts.
- Drive project governance and cadence to ensure the project management backlog is managed adequately and resources are appropriately applied to projects.
- Contribute to the overall maturation of the program/project management and organizational change management capabilities with the organization.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of consulting project experience
- Certification in project management and organizational change management highly desired.
- Proficiency in leading complex cross-functional business-led programs/projects, using established PM methodologies.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile / hybrid delivery methodologies preferred.
- Proficiency in project management tools; i.e., MS Project, Project Online, and other PPM solutions.
- Experience across the full project lifecycle from discovery through launch.
- Experience in the technology sector or technology consulting practice, preferably in digital transformation, IoT and/or analytics
- Highly skilled in MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio. A writing sample is required as a part of the screening process.
- Experience working with senior executives and preparing content and messaging for executive-level communication.
- Strong communication, influencing, and organizational skills and a "get it done" attitude.
- Able to adapt and be flexible. Comfortable with ambiguity and can work in an environment that is constantly evolving.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about corporate-level priorities and sustain project teams' connection to the bigger picture.
- Ability to bring structure and process-orientation to break down complex asks into manageable goals and activities.
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong skills in leading and motivating project teams, holding self and teams accountable.
- Brings energy to his/her work approach and able to enroll others to be a part of our shared success.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge