Job description Hitachi STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate PTC System & Signaling Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of engineering tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Boston, MA. Who We Are:
Hitachi STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
• Ensure the identification of the project Interfaces among the assigned subsystems and of external interfaces according to the project scope of work
• Actively and proactively support the system engineering activities by ensuring that project activities are executed in accordance with the design standards
• Contribute to the identification and management of the System Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing)
• Support the performance of the System Engineering studies for the project (fleet sizing calculation, Operational Scenario issue) and the performance of System Integration tests (e.g. test procedure and report)
• Support and develop test cases, test procedures, test scripts and test data as well as document and track defects.
• Follow established department processes and document all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately. Required Skills/Knowledge:
• 0 up to 3 years of Engineering design expertise
• Demonstrates the ability to deliver solutions to closure.
• Demonstrated ability to engage a cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Desired Skills/Knowledge:
• PTC Experience
• ACSES Experience
• Microlok Experience
• RF Communications Education:
• Bachelor's Degree Languages: