Job description Hitachi STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Lead PTC System & Signaling Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of engineering tasks from administrative to strategic while interacting directly with customer and stakeholders. The position is based in Boston, MA. Who We Are:
Hitachi STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
• Ensure the identification of the project Interfaces among the assigned subsystems and of external interfaces according to the project scope of work
• Interface direct with customer and stakeholders for system improvements and modifications
• Serve as primary contact for system testing, support and implementation
• Actively and proactively support the system engineering activities by ensuring that project activities are executed in accordance with the design standards
• Participate to technical reviews to detect design errors, process and tool inefficiencies, ensuring the identification and implementation of corrective and improvement actions
• Contribute to the identification and management of the System Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing)
• Support the performance of the System Engineering studies for the project (fleet sizing calculation, Operational Scenario issue) and the performance of System Integration tests (e.g. test procedure and report)
• Ensure the achievement of the identified KPIs
• Ensure Client relationship by ensuring a direct interface with the client
• Contribute to the promotion of business opportunities and manage the Change Orders/Variation Orders
• Support and develop test cases, test procedures, test scripts and test data as well as document and track defects.
• Follow established department processes and document all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately. Required Skills/Knowledge
• > 5 years of Signaling Design/Integration experience
• Demonstrates the ability to deliver solutions to closure
• Demonstrated ability to engage a cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills Desired Skills/Knowledge
• ACSES II Experience
• Microlok Experience
• PTC Experience
• RF Communications
• NEC Interoperability Education: Languages
• English-Proficient Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Job type Full time