Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
Are you a Marketing Automation professional that's looking for a tremendous career opportunity to grow with a global IT and data solutions leader?
The Marketing Automation Manager reports into a forward-thinking Marketing Operations team, and is primarily responsible for managing a worldwide, center of excellence based marketing automation program.
Key responsibilities include managing and optimizing Hitachi Vantara's Mar-tech stack, with an emphasis on multiple Marketo instances, including strategy and tactics for email / lead nurturing program/campaign management, lead lifecycle, global Marketo operations management, integration oversight, and reporting / analytics.
The position collaborates and works closely with global/regional campaign operation team members, marketing / database operations, as well as with global program managers, the web services team, and is expected to be the lead on Marketo best practices and overall marketing automation operational, program development and optimization.What you'll be doing
- Support and manage Marketo e-mail and marketing automation strategy, solutions and program management across the Global marketing organization.
- Mar-Tech Stack
- Basic understanding of complete Mar-tech Stack and how components interact.
- Ability to understand new business requirements, rationalize those requirements against the existing stack, and optimize existing technology before investing in additiona tech.
- Marketo Management
- Ongoing (daily) management of multiple Marketo instances and various integrations
- Marketing automation performance and database health (dups, processes, etc.)
- Work directly with vendors and cross functional teams to create, manage and maintain the company's data quality.
- Develop, enforce and audit quality assurance procedures and processes to ensure data integrity, identify systems errors in a timely manner, and communicate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Understand of the data (data profiling), take steps to correct problems (data quality), automate the discrepancy resolution resulting from merging data from multiple sources (data integration), and add value to the data (data augmentation).
- Manage and maintain lead lifecycle, lead flows, assignment rules, and workspaces
- Help build standard operating procedures and documentation
- Design and develop scalable processes for different aspecs of the organization
- Act as Marketo liaison between web marketing and operations team to support projects
- Assist Campaign Operations team members to:
- Develop, maintain and optimize lead nurturing programs
- Develop and monitor workflows, engagement programs, and templates, and develop and test new initiatives
- Support and manage the corporate outbound e-mail marketing communications
- Hands on experience in deploying and managing a Marketo marketing automation instance (or other marketing automation platform) at the global, enterprise, level (campaigns, programs, nurture programs, lead scoring, routing, best practices, and success / reporting metrics, etc.)
- Developed and run lead nurturing programs strategy (from entry, scoring, transition, reporting and optimization - processes and program management)
- Expert in landing page user experience and optimization strategies
- Experience working with Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to communicate effectively, including ability to articulate complex technical information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent training capabilities to train enterprise users on marketing automation systems
- Understanding of the web development process, including requirements gathering, design, development tools, technologies, QA and deployment
- Experience with web analytics tools like Adobe, Google Analytics, et al
- Understanding of collaboration tools like Jive, and others
- Proficiency in creating technical / training documents, best practices, and guidelines
- Superior project management and organization skills with high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Self-motivated, able to plan work effort and manage to schedule and priorities
- Account-Based Marketing experience is a plus
- Lead custom integration projects pertaining to integrating e-mail marketing solution with other business applications including analysis, design, development, configuration, customization, validation and deployment
- Works with operations and web teams regarding Marketo - related aspects of integrations (SFDC), Marketo integrations via SOAP and REST APIs, database health, and new initiatives
- Work with external (integration and other) vendors to resolve any issues pertaining to e-mail marketing solutions and Marketo operations
- Oversee usage of responsive email and landing page templates (HTML, CSS)
Training, Reporting - Analytics
What you bring to the team
- Educate and train marketing colleagues on techniques and best practices on e-mail marketing and landing page optimization
- Act as subject matter expert with regard to email marketing automation best practices, industry standards and web tracking tools
- Monitors trends and measure results of efforts across Marketo
- Works closely with marketing team to establish and deliver marketing reporting, dashboards, and analysis on campaign performance, conversions, attribution, and effectiveness
- Analyze campaign effectiveness and report on campaign metrics
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with Marketo, Pardot, Oracle/Eloqua, Unica or other enterprise-based marketing automation technology platform
- Marketo Certified Expert (MCE) strongly preferred
- Marketing automation/email marketing program management with a large, global, organization
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with HTML4 - 5 and CSS2 and 3
- Experience with Salesforce (SFDC) or similar CRM.
- Knowledge of responsive web design and frameworks
- Experience developing responsive HTML email templates (ideally for Marketo).
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge