Hitachi Solutions is an impact-driven global leader in consulting dedicated to delivering competitive, end-to-end solutions based on the Microsoft Cloud. Our deeply connected teams are unified by our values and our commitment to helping clients succeed and compete with the largest global enterprises. We are a division of the 38th largest company in the world, and carry the strength of a vast network of interconnected Hitachi companies all while remaining nimble, agile, and ready to pivot at a moment's notice.
Hitachi Solutions started as three founding partners and transformed into nearly 2,000 consultants, developers, and support personnel all around the globe. With over 40 Microsoft Partner of the Year awards, Hitachi Solutions has established itself as a leading partner in the ever-growing landscape of technology consulting.Job Description
The HR Generalist will be responsible for providing administrative and coordination support to the HR Team. You will be involved in day-to-day HR operations of the company, including benefits administration, recruiting support and onboarding, employee database management and special projects.You must be legally eligible to work in Canada.The Opportunity:
- Own the administration of group benefits, providing information and support to employees as required
- Generate and distribute employment contracts and other relevant employment documentation
- Owning entry and maintenance of employee data in HRIS and providing analytics as required
- Enhance and manage our onboarding experience for new employees for all departments; manage the offboarding of employees
- Assist in performance management program
- Carrying out and continuously improving HR administrative processes
- Supporting People Team initiatives, including special projects
- Support the implementation of various HR programs and initiatives
- Partner with our finance team on information flow related to payroll
- Support internal communications to provide greater transparency on all levels.
- Play a lead role in the planning and execution of team events and initiatives, fostering a culture of celebration and belonging
- Consult/advise managers and teams on issues related to policy, programs, process and legislation
Additional InformationWe are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- People first mindset and must be focused on creating positive employee experiences and an inclusive culture
- Previous related HR experience required; post-secondary education specializing in HR an asset but not required
- You are a tech-savvy person who loves to learn about innovative technologies and new industries
- You thrive in fast paced environments & are highly collaborative
- You are a team player and have attention to detail, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Canadian Labor laws: policies, procedures, compliance and practices related to Employment Standards Act, etc. Knowledge of US employment and/or benefit laws is an asset but not required.
- Knowledge of benefits administration, interpretation of group policy
- You have the ability to work independently
- You are a strong communicator - both written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with professionalism and a high degree of discretion