Meet our Team
We are the Identity and Access Management team, part of Enterprise Information Security at Hitachi Vantara, and we are passionate advocates of information security! We maintain key tools and software in our corporate environment that ensures the proper identity and access management of our employees, vendors, and partners. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best IAM program! What you'll be doing
As an experienced, technically sound Senior Engineer, you will join a squad of IAM/Okta developers and engineers, reporting to the Director of Information Security Operations. Working closely with other teams and tools including Active Directory, the Privileged Access Management (PAM), you will help to mature the Identity and Access Management program at Hitachi Vantara.
As an expert at managing, configuring, and developing the Okta platform for SSO and enforcement of key security policies including MFA, you will be responsible for maintaining the health and proper functioning of Okta and ensure excellent customer service to the users in the enterprise who interact with these systems.
Your tasks will also include:
What you bring to the team
- Working with application development teams to onboard applications into the SSO platform
- Providing support including diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues in the Okta platform and work efficiently to resolve them.
- Collaborating closely with the Active Directory team and support the integration between Okta and other key systems.
- Collaborate with the InfoSec Architecture team, Networking team, Sysadmin team, and other IT teams as needed to support troubleshooting and project tasks.
- Following proper change management and problem management procedures
- Testing and evaluating changes and perform deployments during change windows.
- Documenting architecture and processes
- Helping design and drive automation that helps achieve resilient and robust platforms that can run themselves.
- Strong/expert level understanding of authentication mechanisms and protocols including LDAP and SAML, and key related security concepts such as MFA, and how these are used with Okta and Active Directory, and the ability to trouble shoot issues in this realm.
- Strong/expert level experience integrating applications with Okta for SSO
- Hands on experience (3 years) with Okta (or Ping Identity) within large enterprise scale Okta environments (with more than 10,000 users), including also experience with Okta workflows (to allow for automation of tasks)
- Good understanding of Privileged Access Management concepts, and experience using a PAM tool, such as CyberArk or Thycotic is desirable
- Great interpersonal skills: good written - oral communication in English, ability - willingness to work within international team, collaborative - team-oriented approach, being self-driven with an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and variables in a dynamic and fast moving, large scale project with tight deadlines, multiple priorities and under defined budget, high attention to details and quality.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working and compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
Location: Remote US
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $90K - $110K. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.