Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Technological Site Supervisor
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Boston, MA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Installation supervision for the signaling and telecoms subsystems and reporting directly to the Construction Manager.
• Ensure delivery within the specified time constraints, and in compliance with Health & Safety, Quality, and Environmental Plans, and regulatory requirements applicable to the Project.
• Monitor and report the status of the work in progress.
• Represent the project at internal and external coordination meetings with the Client, third parties and other stakeholders.
• Support the preparation of schedule projections for the construction activities.
• Ensure subcontractor developed Work Methods, Site Specific Work Plans and Activity Hazard Analyses are approved and implemented.
• Ensure Subcontractor Installation and Test documentation is completed and authorized.
• Support Commissioning Engineering for testing and start-up activities.
• Confirm the quality of the installation in compliance with the Approved for Construction Design.
• Raise Non Conformances as required to ensure defects are tracked and corrective actions are implemented.
• Coordinate with engineering to ensure Requests for Information from the Subcontractor are responded to in a timely fashion.
• In coordination with engineering and the Construction Manager, facilitate and enable timely processing of changes and timely release of plans to expedite progress of the work. Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Experience supervising site installation of telecommunications and electrical equipment on an operating railway.
• Knowledge and experience of installation testing.
• Knowledge of typical work methods and quality requirements for electrical and telecommunications equipment installation.
• Understanding of OSHA requirements
• Understanding of project scheduling and Gannt Charts
• Ability to use standard Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint Education / Qualifications
• Bachelor of Engineering is preferred
• OSHA Certification is desirable Languages
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/