Meet the Team
Hitachi Vantara seeks a passionate and talented Security Operations Analyst to join our Global Cloud Operations team to support Hitachi Vantara customers and services groups to help monitor and manage security operations alerts and incidents. In the role, you will monitor customer environments for malicious activity, IDS alerts, network logs and many other types of security alerts that provide insight into system activity. As part of the Global Cloud Operations team, you will report to the Associate Director Security Architecture and Governance and actively engage in analysis and investigations as incidents arise to improve Hitachi Vantara's customers and Global Cloud Operations security posture.
The Security Operations Analyst should be a technically experienced information professional who can translate security solutions to address a wide range of IT security, privacy, and compliance challenges. This Security Operations Analyst will directly engage with customers in adapting their security operations to enable them to monitor their sensitive workloads in their cloud environment.
US Citizenship is required as you may work with federal government accounts.What you will be doing
What you bring to the team
- Collaborate with InfoSec and Global Cloud Operations personnel in analysis, discovery, and containment of cyber security incidents.
- Provide expertise and support in deployment of security measures and understand information security management.
- Assess day-to-day monitoring of IT security systems by reviewing end customer security alerts and logs.
- Assess how customer teams investigate security alerts and handle incident response.
- Develop SOAR use cases based on customer requirements.
- Develop SOAR playbooks and configure integrations based on use case definitions.
- Prepare reports detailing background, observables, analysis process - criteria, and conclusions from incidents, news, or other intel.
- Document security processes and procedures for end customers and operations teams.
- Assists functional groups with security design, testing, and best practices.
- Review solutions, recommendations, and risk documentations to minimize risk of implementation of recommended products, applications, and infrastructure
- Stay current on IT security trends, news, and standards.
Nice to Have
- Self-motivated, energetic individual who is passionate and outcome focused with the ability to learn with a strong work ethic and adapt quickly to changing environments and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- 2+ years of work experience with incident detection, incident response and/or forensics
- Experience using IT security systems and tools including SIEM (SumoLogic, ELK, Splunk, LogRythm, etc.), EDR and Anti-Malware technology and platforms
- Experience with threat model, network security, cryptography, authentication, authorization and RBAC
- Basic experience with securing public cloud deployments and distributed systems using public cloud hosting, including AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Knowledge of data encryption techniques.
- Experience analyzing logs for security incidents and breaches.
- Experience in incident response and digital forensics including data collection, examination, and analysis.
- Knowledge of devops, secops and incident management functions and their roles in IT security.
- Knowledge of scripts and languages such as Bash/PowerShell/Python/Go
- Experience working in highly regulated environments that need to meet and maintain SOC 2, PCI, HITRUST, NIST 800-53, ISO 27000 series compliance requirements
- Excellent computer proficiency including JIRA, Salesforce, and MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
- Experience with security testing tools (Qualys, Nikto, Burp suite, Appscan, WebInspector, SQLMAP, Kali, etc.)
- Understanding of application security patterns including web application security (OWASP top 10, XSS, injection vulnerabilities, CSRF, platform security hardening), and mobile security (device fingerprinting, Mobile authentication, and key exchange) strategies.
- Knowledge of how to execute security testing (SAST, SCA and DAST) implemented via a CI/CD pipeline.
- Ability to assist in coding of custom automations of security tasks is a plus
- Ideally an industry recognized certification: AWS Security, Azure Security, SSCP, Security+, CISA, CCSK, CEH or alternative.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge