Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
As a Project Manager/ Data Business Analyst in Hitachi Vantara's Global IT organization you will be working in a very exciting and rewarding, hybrid role performing Business Analysis and Project Management duties. You will be working with the Data - Analytics team accountable for the ongoing work on Hitachi Vantara's state-of-the-art data platform which facilitates cross-system reporting, analysis, and automation. You will also have the opportunity to work with the Cloud - Database Services team who is accountable for operating and securing databases and ERP systems on-prem, and infrastructure support services to our customers in a hybrid public cloud model.
In this role your primary responsibilities will focus on data- and integration-intensive initiatives. You will be responsible for the on-going expansion and deployment of our Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) focusing on specific customer needs on reporting and analytics. You will work closely with the functional Business Analysts (in Business - Corporate Applications teams), internal customers, dedicated technical developers and architects to drive on-going initiatives from requirements gathering and gap analysis right through to stabilization of the delivered product. This position will require regular communication with internal customers to define requirements and present deliverables. Since it is a multifaceted role, it will entail the overall project management of a project throughout its lifecycle while ensuring team adheres to Agile project management methodology practices.What you'll be doing
- Lead the application of Agile practices for Enterprise Data - Analytics/ Database - Cloud Services teams, including planning and guidance for daily standups, sprint planning, backlog refinement, and retrospective meetings.
- Partner with key stakeholders in backlog prioritization as well as tracking and reporting metrics, providing visibility to the team and stakeholders, ensuring a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Prepare and distribute progress reports, manage risks and issues, correct deviations from plans, and perform delivery planning for all projects.
- Provide summaries - status of Projects at IT PMO's b-weekly internal reviews. Collaborate with Global IT PMO making sure all project management practices and standards are being consistently followed.
- Ensures that the Teams deliver against schedule, scope, resource/cost, and quality targets using the Agile/Scrum SDLC
- Responsible for product release coordination. Ensure smooth collaboration among extended team members for all releases.
What you bring to the team
- Work cross-functionally to implement key projects. Interface with other departments to leverage data for their respective business needs.
- Partner with stakeholders (at all levels) from across the organization to gather data and reporting requirements, translate them into functional specifications.
- Review as-is existing manual Excel driven processes, data sources, reports, dashboards, users, use cases.
- Capture, define, and document new BI Data requirements, functionality, users, use cases, data, intelligence, reporting, dashboarding and drill-down capability. Translate requirements into use cases, stories. Prioritize requirements with technical team and key stakeholders.
- Provide BA support on the existing Enterprise Data Platform built on latest AWS cloud services.
- Provide testing support where necessary, Dashboard creation in PowerBI / Tableau where appropriate.
- Coordination of efforts with touchpoints to 30+ Data sources like Salesforce, Oracle EBS, RevPro, Adobe Analytics, Marketo, Mind Tickle, Anaplan etc., in relation to EDP picking up data analysis and functional requirement tasks within a 2-week sprint, providing work estimates for tasks to project management, and participating in agile ceremonies.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or business or related field or equivalent knowledge or experience
- At least 10 year(s) of working experience in a corporate IT environment with preference to working with Data - Analytics teams/projects.
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/SCRUM practices and values to delight customers.
- Experience with Business Analysis for IT projects with a focus on data - analytics in a cross-organizational corporate structure
- Ability to review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of business stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with data warehousing, enterprise reporting, and visualization.
- Hands-On experience in BI tools (Power BI, Tableau) is an absolute must.
- Work effectively with stakeholders to determine project objectives, map proper requirements to the objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain stakeholder trust and confidence.
- Excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Proven ability to manage data projects and ensure that objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience interacting with both business and IT associates at all levels, including the executive level.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Agile Certified Practitioner, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or equivalent certifications
- Any Public Cloud certifications (or to be certified within 6-months of on-boarding)
- Willingness and experience to work in an international team.
- Self-driven with a keen sense of learning new tools, technologies and practices
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge