For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen.Key Responsibilities/ Performance Requirements:
- As a key member of the storage services team, the Storage Administrator will provide analysis and implementation support for data storage solutions, including pre-site inspections and initial implementations.
- Generate performance check report on monthly basis, Analyze and suggest ways to improve capacity / performance related issues.
- Monitor- report performance of server/storage/virtual infrastructure, taking account of hardware utilizations.
- Evaluate and conduct POC for various new technology / tool related to capacity planning/performance monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure that agreed levels of capacity and performance is measured and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Windows File Server Management along with Access - storage reports.
- Troubleshooting the Server Errors, Compliance report generation.
- Maintain Incident Management controls of Data Centre (relating to incident Management tickets of Server/ storage)
- Performs day to day administration and monitoring on all installed storage platforms.
- Performs SAN management tasks, zoning, LUN masking of various disk types to the appropriate platforms.
- Provides technical expertise supporting applications and technologies in a large scale 24x7x365 environment.
- Ensures all storage systems provide highest commitment to operational standards and controls.
- Will have experience with SAN and NAS technologies provided by Hitachi Data Systems as well as EMC and Netapp, VMware and Open Systems deployments.
Education and Background:
- Experience working with storage products on a variety of Open Systems.
- Excellent analytical abilities, resulting in problem resolution.
- Strong working knowledge of Hitachi enterprise and modular storage subsystems and SAN technologies.
- Hitachi USPV - AMS 2500, NetApp, VSP, HNAS and all other HDS software and platforms.
- EMC DMX - VMAX, VNX and associated EMC software
- Strong working knowledge of Fibre channel fabric, specifically Cisco switches.
- Experienced with Clustered systems or high availability solutions connected to storage subsystems.
- Experienced with replication technologies (True Copy - Shadow Image, SRDF and Timefinder) as well as associated automation and management tools and scripts.
- Stays informed of new developments and technologies by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings, and seminars.
- In addition to responsibilities listed, the jobholder should expect to undertake other related duties as assigned
- BS degree in Information Technology or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with enterprise storage platforms with 2-3 years of experience in Hitachi.
- Experience with enterprise Fiber Channel storage networks with 2-3 years of experience in Cisco environments
- Open Systems administration and clustering experience is highly desirable.