The Data Strategist (Senior Manager) will work with Hitachi Vantara client's to help them build a vision and strategy around the usage and treatment of data, turning it into a strategic asset for their business.
They will have extensive experience of helping clients to assess their data landscape in order to identify opportunities to drive growth and create operational eficiencies and improvements.
They will be skilled in understanding and creating data models and architectures, have a deep understanding of technologies that support data platforms and have expertise and knowledge in a range of data toolsets that support data transformation and governance.
They will be highly skilled in facilitating workshops that derive outcomes to form a data insight - analytics strategy and also formulate roadmaps of related use cases that can deliver business value and transformation.
They will be comfortable working in teams containing business strategy and technical delivery colleagues, with the ability to interpret business needs into data focussed technical requirements.
• Possesses an innovative mindset to create new options and challenge the status quo.
• Advanced knowledge of data architecture components across multiple on-prem - cloud platforms (e.g. Azure/GCP/AWS).
• Advanced understanding of the usage and architectural role of the data warehouse, data lake, reporting / dashboarding tools, ETL processes and algorithmic processing.
• Appreciation of the opportunities to monetize data using AI, data science or machine learning.
• Experience delivering complex technical solutions using waterfall and agile project delivery methods, alongside an appreciation of which situations lend themselves to each method.
• Appreciation of modern data platforms used to process new IoT data sources. Including Spark, schema-on-read databases, streaming analytics and distributed processing architectures.
• Has experience of helping clients to monetise data to drive new busines models and revenue streams.
• Has experience capturing requirements, facilitating business and technical design, and negotating project scope and roadmap with clients, based on a sound understanding of the cost/benefit profile of each deliverable.
• Is a self-starter and requires minimal direction to deliver client objectives.
• Has experience of leading teams on client projects, including coaching and mentoring junior colleagues in client delivery and data strategy concepts.
• Produces high-quality client deliverables suitable for consumption at board level.
• Constantly looking to develop their own skills and knowledge.
• Strong collaboration skills, working in a team environment and across large and complex organizations.
• Excellent presentational skills. Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts without a reliance on jargon and to all levels of audience.
• Highly desirable; Meaningful prior work experience at one of the following: driving digital transformation within Consulting or Services Tier 1 or Tier 2 company; cloud service providers and software companies.
• Excellent verbal and written command of English, plus additional European languages useful.
• Minimum education: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
• Willing to travel across Europe.
Specific Skills - Knowledge (Desirable)
• Understanding and experience of Industry 4.0 technologies and the data impacts these bring.
• Knowledge of scaled Agile delivery methods (such as SAFe).
• Understanding of one (or more) of the Hitachi's priority industries, e.g., Industrials, Manufacturing, Automotive, Food and Beverage, Life Sciences, Energy, Aerospace, Transportation, TMT, Financial Services