Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Job Purpose
The Hybrid Technical Support Specialist/MOD will have split responsibilities (rotational).
50% time will be responsible for driving the highest levels of Customer Experience ensuring support delivery cadence in line with defined SLO's, ensuring resource availability, deploying exception handling process and managing customer escalations. Additional responsibility will ensure clear concise communications are maintained between GCC, GSC Pod leads and Leadership regarding case management and escalations. The role serves as the shift lead responsible for successfully running the operational management of the day-to-day workflow coming into the GSC. Take part in the weekend Manager on Duty rota.
50% time will be devoted to delivering technical support to our Global customers. The technical support aspect of the role provides experienced, specialised support and advice to assist Hitachi Vantara's customers address their solutions challenges. This includes, but is not limited to, the support of specific Hitachi Vantara products and their respective layers of integration as corporate and enterprise solutions. The Technical Support Specialist works with both internal and external customers and must be comfortable communicating effectively and proficiently with all stakeholders.The Technical Support Specialist acts as central point of contact for handling of internal escalations, partner and direct customer escalations.
The Technical Support Specialist/MOD is a member of a global team of customer service professionals who are responsible for providing Hitachi Vantaras customers with an excellent experience as part of a fast-paced, worldwide 24x7 support centre. Primary Job Responsibilities MOD responsibilities
Technical Support Responsibilities
- Manage customer escalations and GCC requests raised via MOD line during "live shift"
- Ensure clear concise communication is maintained between GCC, Pod leads, Escalation Managers and Management teams internal and external regarding case management and escalations.
- Work closely with the Pod leads and Line managers to ensure timely assignment of technical resources to meet defined, 'Deliver to Entitlement' SLO's and milestones
- Ensure swift deployment of exception handling and escalation handling process when required, ensuring clear communication to all stakeholders
- Provide clear guidance to any team members with regard to best practices in respect of GSC process and tools
- Engage in the investigation, management and effective communication of customer satisfaction issues.
- Take an active part in Global Support Centre continuous improvement activities and to achieve agreed strategic goals
- Collaborate with Hitachi Vantara Sales, Customer Service and Support, Global Services and external OEM Engineering Teams, as required, to achieve fast and successful resolution to complex issues.
- Ensure 'seamless' support is provided throughout lifecycle of case
- Ensure clarity of customer's requirements
- Provide technical support to Hitachi Vantara customers, partners and field service teams.
- Resolution of technical support issues including hardware/software configuration problems, product failures, and technical inquiries.
- Perform problem and customer situation management, escalate to the necessary next levels of support when appropriate
- Communicating critical case status to customers, partners and Hitachi stakeholders
- Ownership and management of support cases and associated escalations.
- Adhere to and help improve corporate standards and processes for delivery to support services.
- Contribute to Hitachi Knowledge by documenting previously unknown resolutions and updating existing articles with newfound or discovered information.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of Hitachi's customer success.
• Degree or equivalent formal education and/or working experience.
• A minimum of 5 years experience with a post-sales support of enterprise class solutions including servers, network, SAN, storage and virtualization technologies including installation, diagnostics, performance, and troubleshooting.
• The candidate will have an aptitude for providing positive customer service and effective communication, problem solving, and technical writing skills.
• Possess the ability to resolve issues and conflicts, as well as be able to take ownership when faced with challenging situations.
• Ability to relate and communicate effectively with client technologists and management when required.
• Ethical and honest in all respects.
This role requires a comprehensive set of technical and administrative skills.
• Strong leadership, influencing, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external customers, peers and within leaders.
• Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.
• Organized and adaptable clear thinker with a tolerance for ambiguity.
• Willingness to accept responsibility and take ownership when required due to circumstances presented.
• Able to establish and demonstrate technical credibility with customers and partners.
• Confident and self-reliant, but able to work as a team member, demonstrating clear commitment to team objectives.
- Aptitude for providing excellent customer service including clear communications, problem solving and technical writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment.
- Positive self-starter, able to take lead as well as take direction and, work within a true team environment (locally / globally).
- Aptitude to learn and support new products and systems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends or standby shifts as needed to meet scheduled requirements and standard support operations.
- Skills in two or more of the following areas are highly desired:
- Virtualisation (Vmware).
- IP Networking Concepts (TCP/IP, Active Directory).
- Cloud-based Solutions.
- Programming Skills (Python, REST API).
- Network Attached Storage.
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, VMware).
- Enterprise Storage Solutions (Hitachi, EMC, IBM).
- Fibre Channel Solutions (Brocade, Cisco).
- Other software solutions (Veritas, MSCS, Oracle, Exchange).
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop and maintain relationships.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge