Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
We currently are recruiting for a HR Advisor to join our HR team in the UK. In this exciting role you will supporting the HR Business Partner and will provide comprehensive generalist advice and guidance to a designated client area.
This role is based in Doncaster, but we are fully flexible to base someone within Yorkshire (with some home working). This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Act as key point of contact to client’s within their business area – supporting the HR Business Partner by executing activities that will deliver the people strategies.
- Deliver solutions for tactical people issues (in conjunction with agreed approaches at the more senior HR level for more complex matters), ensuring consistency in application of policy, process and practice is achieved across HRL.
- Supported by L&D, execute agreed development opportunities and initiatives born from talent management activities.
- Advise on pay and reward activities and support the HR Business Partner by gathering and preparing information that will facilitate associated cyclical activities.
- Act as an “in team” champion / support on company values and behaviours.
- Provide objective challenge to the business, offering pragmatic guidance and advice on employee related matters across the generalist remit in accordance with policy, legislation and HRL people strategies.
- Case management on employee relations matters, e.g. absence/sickness, performance/capability, grievances, disciplinary, maternity etc (in conjunction with agreed approaches at the more senior HR level for more complex matters).
- Build effective relationships with key internal partners.
- Proactively manage the output of any people issues related to key change decisions, delivering in an appropriate and respectful manner.
- Support business change and continuous improvement by supporting the delivery of HR initiatives
- Proactively use MI Reports to identify trends and patterns, highlighting any issues to HR Business Partner.
- Manage operational HR activities for client area, e.g, payroll checking.
- Participate in HR Projects for specific HR initiatives connected to our People & Teams Strategy
- Be adaptable to change, supporting the HR Business partner in effectively facilitating change
Employee relations and Subject Matter Expert areas of support:-
- Take the lead on typical/routine ER cases and update HR Business Partner on progress. Also ensures escalation of more complex cases to HR Business Partner.
- Provides necessary and accurate information to HR Business Partner for use in workforce/headcount planning.
- Maintain and develop HR policies and process maps that reflect HRL policies.
- Contribute to the successful use of performance management systems.
- Ensure effective transactional HR activity is maintained.
- Ensure appropriate communication at all staff levels.
- Active role on wellbeing initiatives across the business.
Generalist HR Activity responsibilities include supporting:-
- Facilitates new starter processes.
- Delivery of Induction programmes for new hires.
- Supports the probationary review process.
HR Project Responsibilities:
- Participate in HR projects, taking ownership of actions assigned and working to deliver those activities against the project framework timelines.
- Provides updates to Project Manager for use in monthly project documentation that could be key issues for addressing and discussing.
- Support the Project Manager with the communication and change management plan, offering knowledge on local challenges and expectations in implementing change.
- Experience of managing employee relations and performance management.
- Excellent Employment Law knowledge.
- Ability to be proactive and work on own initiative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, whilst working under pressure.
- Proven ability to work with ambiguity and retain strong organisational and multitasking skills.
- Able to operate in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Strives to continually improve processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people at all levels.
- Ability to find solutions and resolve conflicts.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office and HR information systems.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Minimum of working towards CIPD qualification
- Experience in a manufacturing, engineering or other technical environment is preferable
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!