Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail
business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
We are looking for an experienced Category Manager to join our procurement team based at our London Offices. This role involves international travel as and when required.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Negotiate contracts with global suppliers within the category, incorporating service level agreements and continuous improvement targets.
- Develop and manage appropriate Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program with key global category suppliers, collaborating with all business units.
- Report on category level performance metrics and other relevant management information.
- Drive supplier and product / service rationalisation through cross-functional reviews with key stakeholders.
- Drive success of global contracts by overseeing implementation across all appropriate business areas in conjunction with regional teams.
- Manage appropriate supplier relationship management program with key global category suppliers and to deliver supplier development programmes within agreed parameters
- Prepare, conduct and analyse Request for Proposals (RFP’s), Request for Quotes (RFQ’s) and Requests for Information (RFI’s) in line with strategy
- Work with key internal stakeholders to complete RFP / RFQ / RFI evaluations; analyse data and make recommendations on supplier selection.
- To manage underperforming suppliers within category group, intervening where necessary to resolve issues and provide solutions.
- Identify and deliver savings / rebate opportunities in line with departmental / business targets.
- Be accountable for addressing process / procedural requirements, identified through the strategy and ensure their development and implementation.
- To be aware of, actively promote, and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values.
- To be involved in Hitachi Rail’s staff development and training and participate in PDP procedures.
- To adhere to the Hitachi Rail’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail’s Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required
Key Skills & Experience
It is our expectation that successful applicants should be able to demonstrate the experience and skills listed below:
- Experience of successfully managing strategic category management within a global environment
- Extensive experience in procurement category roles with international responsibilities.
- Excellent functional Procurement experience managing global categories.
- Extensive demonstrable experience in successfully leading and conducting the negotiation of contracts across technical, commercial and legal areas.
- Rail sector experience dealing with railway infrastructure, assets, services and rolling stock
- Ability to operate effectively in different cultures and across geographies, including managing stakeholders and colleagues remotely (across distance and time zones).
- Ability to balance total cost of ownership (TCO), strategic and tactical delivery. Knowledge of bid evaluation using whole life cycle cost model
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Experience working across international borders. Influential and assertive
- Structured yet flexible.
- Strong project and change management capabilities.
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP) and electronic procurement tools and methods.
- A natural problem solver – highly analytical with developed decision making skills
- Highly developed ability to persuade, negotiate and communicate effectively both orally and in writing with both internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding and some experience of basic engineering and/or maintenance principles
- An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment
- Must be able to work as part of a close-knit Team, but also comfortable working independently, in a fluid and evolving environment.
- A “self-starter”, able to work without close supervision and capable of developing new ideas into credible solutions
- Comfortable in a dynamic KPI driven environment with demanding deadlines and targets
- Confident, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working at both a strategic level and in detail when the need arises.
- Willing and able to travel frequently, both nationally and internationally.
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Good professional command of English language. In addition Italian/Spanish language skills are highly desirable
- Minimum Degree qualified in a relevant or directly related degree desirable
- MCIPS qualified preferred
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 18th June 2021.