Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Executive Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to become an integral part of our team. You will be joining a team of professionals in the rail industry working heavily in the US & Canada but also globally. You must truly be a team player. Our fast paced work environment is focused on completing tasks efficiently with absolute attention to detail.
• Reports to the VP of Technology, Americas
• Attend to audio/visual needs for meetings
• Must be able to work independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties.
• Tracking information for multiple executive-level managers.
• Plan, monitor and execute the day-to-day administrative tasks to ensure a smooth workflow working on a one-to-one basis with the executives
• Perform clerical duties, such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, setting up travel arrangements, and taking notes at meetings
• Manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative
• Keep accurate records in accordance with company standards
• Write starting drafts of communications via email & letters
• Running reports in Excel, creating documents in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, scanning & uploading documents into the SharePoint and other systems
• Order and stock supplies
• Perform all other office misc. office tasks REQUIRED:
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in an Administrative Assistant or related experience
• Willingness to learn new work and concepts - working with many departments
• Adaptable - able to learn new tasks & absorb information quickly
• Experience in data entry, professional correspondence, ability to prioritize and multitask
• Expert in Excel & MS Office
• Expert understanding of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PowerPoint, excellent typing skills, email, voicemail, and internet/intranet navigation
• Professional interpersonal communication skills to deliver excellent customer service to both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate attention to detail, follow oral and written instructions precisely, and maintain a high degree of accuracy
• Maintain a positive attitude and promotes a healthy work environment
• Ability to perform assigned duties in critical situations
• Self -starter, expected to find ways to support the Engineering organization independently.
• Desire to have a "want to help" attitude, not afraid of getting involved in new tasks. Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• 5 years of experience in an Administrative Support role
• Experience working for a software develop organization
• Experience working for an engineering organization
• Previous experience with Sharepoint
• Previous experience with maintaining a large office Education / Qualifications
High level of English proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/