Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara searching for a Senior Tax Accountant to join the Tax Department. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local corporate tax filing requirements, interfacing with taxing authorities, researching issues, and assisting with tax projects as assigned.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Prepares consolidated corporate federal, combined and separate states, and local income tax returns, quarterly tax estimates, and return extensions.
- Prepares other tax and business filings.
- Updates data collection files and rollforward schedules.
- Assists in data collections from companies in the controlled group.
- Manages tax notices and audits.
- Researches tax issues.
- Assists with tax projects as needed.
- Accounting or finance related degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in tax accounting role is required.
- Experience using OneSource corporate tax software is preferred.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Proficient with Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with others and enhance teamwork environment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge