Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are seeking an experienced, high-energy onsite professional with a strong technical background experienced in designing and deploying network LAN, WAN, firewall - VPN solutions across a global infrastructure. Candidate will be experienced in driving technology solutions and improvements.
We want a rock star!
• Provide project management and engineering support for projects from inception through the planning, design, implementation, and operational phase. Collaborates across multiple disciplines. Ensure implemented solution meets project deliverables and adheres to standards and best practices.
• Develop standards-based network designs for individual projects as well as enterprise solutions.
• Performs proactive management, configuration and monitoring of the network infrastructure and network systems (e.g., circuits, firewalls, switches, routers, VPN).
• Schedules, plans, and performs periodic scheduled maintenance to ensure systems are operating at optimal levels and running on the latest stable code.
• Recommends and implements network standards to support the enterprise network infrastructure.
• Evaluation and analysis of new technologies (or upgrades to existing technologies) and products with an emphasis on improving service availability and cost reduction as well as implementation recommendations.
• Conducts routine capacity planning and identifies recommendations on network infrastructure and network systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex networks, analyze configurations and perform packet analysis.
• Perform root cause analysis and implement resolution.
• Maintain inventory of networking hardware and software.
• Produce quality detailed documentation through the entire project delivery life cycle by producing design, deployment and operational documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure deployments and systems (architecture, topology, maintenance, troubleshooting, disaster recovery)
• Ability to work effectively as a local/remote team member providing support to local and remote locations as needed.
• Ability to lead complex, large-scale network projects from initiation and planning through execution and closing.
• 10 years combined experience with: networking, firewalls, best practices / standards, security / STIG requirements, design life cycle and documentation.
• In-depth experience and understanding of L3 protocols to include MPLS VPN, BGP, OSPF, QoS, IP Addressing, DNS/DHCP, firewalls, multicast (PIM-SM / PIM-DM) and L2 protocols such as spanning tree, RSTP, MSTP, IGMP, 802.1x.
• In-depth experience with load-balancing methodologies and application delivery controllers (Brocade, F5, Cisco, Citrix)
• Must have design and deployment experience with Cisco/Brocade/Juniper routing and switching products, as well as firewall experience (Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto firewall)
• Experience with network management platforms (ie. Solarwinds, BNA, Network Node Manager, etc.) and protocols such as SNMP, Sflow, Netconf
• Software defined networking is a plus.
• Certifications (at least one): BCNP, BPIPA, BIPM, BEIPA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS-ENT
• Occasional domestic and international travel may be necessary.
• Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills (oral and written)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.