Company: Hitachi Industrial Equipment & Solutions LLC (HIESA)
Location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois OR Ontario, California
Status: Regular, Full-Time
This position will manage and train a team of Field Service Technicians that support customers in IL, WI, IN, CA, AZ, NM, and NV. The manager will also standardize job roles, process, and standardize equipment knowledge between both the Elk Grove Village IL and Ontario CA offices.
- Manage support function to end user customers as necessary to resolve all technical related products and applications issues.
- Manage all service calls, properly schedule service technicians to ensure a fast and efficient resolution.
- Manage service calls to have technicians as close to their residence by the end of the workday if possible.
- As required, perform onsite repairs for machine breakdowns and/or schedule maintenance. Repair and service should be in compliance with manufacturer technical specifications.
- Supervise installation and start-up of new and/or used packaging machines, Small and Large characters printers, CIJ printers, Hot Melt system and/or any equipment which HIESA is representing.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and/or records.
- Oversee or perform trials with equipment on customer sites.
- Follow up on installations and/or trials.
- If required, bring in a temporary resource to design special brackets, components or system to be able to use equipment HIESA represents. Maintain proper documentation.
- Coordinate and implement training programs for HIESA service technicians on all the equipment which HIESA represents.
- Transform training from HIESA principle partners to training programs that can be delivered by HIESA personnel to deliver end user customers.
- Occasionally provide technicians for preparation of shows and exhibitions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Work with Sales, Service, and Management to grow the business.
- Be willing to travel and support the product lines sold where needed primarily in AZ, CA, NM, NV, WI, IL & IN
- Provide product support when needed primarily Monday-Friday 7:30-5:00 local time and maintain a process for off shift hours coverage.
- Design and implement field service contracts to reduce service on demand to more scheduled activity and grow service revenue.
- Design and be responsible for creation and maintenance of field service trunk stock while implementing LEAN process to improve FTFR.
- Create development plans for the for employees in his/her org tree to improve skillset and engagement.
- Lead and manage transition of field service documentation from paper over to the Salesforce.com platform and continuously improve upon the process.
- BS degree in Engineering (preferred)
- 5+ Years of service management experience in the Marking and Coding or related industry is required.
- Service and application knowledge of inkjet and related Marking and Coding Products is required.
- Ability to mechanically and electrically troubleshoot Marking and Coding products as required.
- Excellent service familiarity of competitive brands of Marking and Coding products (Market awareness)
- Successful candidates will present proven capabilities in supervisory and project management.
- General knowledge of RS232/LAN Communication Protocols. multiple platform, machine to machine interface a plus
- Employee and customer focused
- Self-motivated, process oriented, high initiative, self-directed
- Strong attention to details and process development
- Achievement oriented
- Change / Transition leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to write and speak in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to lift up-to 50lbs.
- Travel 10-20%
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.