The Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial planning, reporting and analysis of the Hitachi Vantara Korea business. This role will partner with the Korean Sales Leader and other functional leaders as required to provide decision support and financial guidance to assist the business in meeting its financial objectives. In addition, this role will act as the internal statutory auditor for our joint venture partner, Hyosung Information Systems (HIS).
Financial Analysis - Planning:
- Preparation and maintenance of the Annual Operating Plan for Hitachi Vantara Korea. This includes working with finance, sales and operational managers to gather and analyse relevant information.
- Detailed analysis and reporting of actual results against the operating plans, forecasts and prior years for all lines of business across Korea, explaining all variances and providing detailed insights.
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts across all lines of business across the Korean business. This may include deal level P-L's for specific accounts on a monthly basis
- Develop detailed product gross margin reporting to enable accurate monthly gross margin forecasts and provide the business meaningful insights to help manage to the financial objectives.
- Detailed understanding of all major/significant deals within CMT:
- Understand and work through any challenges to maximise revenue - gross margin
- IFRS impacts noted, understood, and incorporated into forecasts
- Prepare Quarterly Business Review providing meaningful insights and actionable items.
- Build financial models that provide business partners with key information to enable them to drive business and understand trends
- Assistance with the preparation of special reports or presentations by Korean management on specific business initiatives or projects.
- Manage and track SG-A (Sales, General - Administrative) expenses within budget across all lines of business and spend type (including assignment and management of spend budgets within Country as necessary)
- Responsible for preparation of monthly reporting package to APAC Finance Headquarters; includes forecast P-L, forecast Spend, and analysis of actual results against forecast and plan
- Responsible for the month end close activities pertaining to Korea which includes review of actuals, data entry of forecasts into the financial planning tool, Anaplan, and review cost centres and spend trends to ensure all costs are accurately accounted
Statutory and Internal Auditor - HIS
Hitachi Vantara has a joint venture, Hyosung Information Systems (HIS), with a Korean corporation (Hyosung Group)
- Review HIS' conduct of business by requesting management reports, financial statements and supporting documents from directors.
- Review HIS' Process and Policy to ensure checks and balances are in place and respectfully offer suggestions to enhance existing process and policy
- Review Annual Statutory Accounts for HIS, make any clarifications and sign off as Hitachi Vantara's statutory auditor
- Meet with HIS management and Finance peers when needed to get the required information for conducting the audit or review
- Take guidance from APAC and Global Internal Audit Team and assist as required from time to time
- Provide support to the APAC / Asia North Finance Director as required; assist with ad hoc duties as requested
- APAC Finance Team
- Finance Shared Services Team
- Korean Sales and Operations Team
- APAC revenue performance team
- Internal audit team
- HIS Board of Directors
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA
- 3+ years' experience post qualification
- Hands on financial analysis and modelling skills
- Fluent in both Korean and English (reading and writing)
- IT or Software industry background and exposure to IFRS
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with financial modelling tools (for example, Anaplan) preferred but not essential
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills
- Able to operate at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to objectively view issues (financial and non-financial issues)
- Common sense approach to problem solving with ability to think outside the norm, and to follow initiatives through to completion without significant guidance.
- Ability to work well in a variety of different teams.
- Ability to facilitate and influence changes in external groups as well as within your own organization
- Good communication - presentation skills (verbal - written)
- Flexible approach and outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge