Meet our Team
Our Santa Clara-based DevOps team is a small group of extremely passionate engineers primarily tasked with developing and maintaining the infrastructure software which drives our dev labs. We collaborate closely across functional teams to ensure the success of the Product engineering teams by building new features into our home-grown tools with the goal of boosting efficiency.What you'll be doing
We are looking for a self-directed engineer to join our DevOps team located in Santa Clara, CA. The position is for a python developer for a web-based Django application and Linux CLI-based python clients. Our team is responsible for the entire development pipeline for this tool - from writing the code to maintaining the automated deployments, to supporting the production instance.
What you bring to the team
- Design features for inter-connected Python applications from problem space presented by end users.
- Implement new features for Django and python apps.
- Debug, triage, and fix defects in highly connected python applications.
- Maintain CI/CD pipeline in Jenkins for the python application to deploy updates to production.
- Engage with end users to determine pain points and communicate updates to our Python apps.
- Porting forward legacy python 2 code bases to python3.
- Maintaining the Linux servers running these applications.
- At least 3 years experience in DevOps/DevSecOps.
- At least 3 years experience writing and maintain Python applications.
- At least 2 years experience working in the Django framework.
- Very comfortable in Linux environment.
- Understand git and gitflow processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with setting up and maintaining Jenkins pipelines.
- Proficiency with running docker containers in a production environment.
- Bonus experience: Kubernetes, Okta, networking.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working and compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge