Meet our Team
The candidate will be a part-time member of one or more product development sprint teams working on CICD pipeline implementation, maintenance, and systems provisioning. As part of a global DevSecOps organization, you will also be involved in development of custom automation modules, tools, and frameworks. You will also trouble shoot and support the DevSecOps team security, and compliance tools and CICD orchestration platforms.What you'll be doing
Nice To Have
- Hands on experience with CICD pipeline technologies like Jenkins pipelines, Github actions, Tekton, Argo CD, Azure Devops CICD, and similar.
- Understanding of software component packaging and dependency management.
- Familiarity with JFrog Artifactory or Sonatype Nexus usage, administration, and deployment architecture.
- Docker, and other container management solutions.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, branching methodologies and release management.
- Experience on agile software development process.
- Virtualized Linux installation and Linux systems administration
- Awareness of code quality, security, and license compliance standards and passion for implementing "shift-left" checks into build pipelines.
- • Create, modify, maintain, and manage mission critical build and deployment pipelines for multiple development teams.
- Provision and administer systems and clusters for dev teams and for DevSecOps development support production systems like Artifactory, Sonarqube, Xray, and Blackduck.
- Help to ensure that DevSecOps Service Level Agreements are successfully delivered.
- Define and develop solutions to technical problems that arise
- Use your expertise to input into reengineering and design
- Act as a subject matter expert for focus areas across the technology space. Actively look for the latest tools and technologies within or outside company.
- Actively learn and help implementing the new industry standards related to products, people, and processes
- Identify the inefficiencies in the process and help the team to improve them to maximize the team's performance
- Collaborate with different stakeholders on managing project milestones, short term, and long-term planning etc.
- Manage and control cloud resource consumption, scaling, and cost control
- Help identifying the dependencies, risks, and bottlenecks in the projects proactively.
- Some experience with cloud services administration on at least one of the major cloud platforms-AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Some experience with Kubernetes
- Awareness of configuration management tools, preferably Terraform and Ansible.
- Awareness of tools used to check and monitor software standards: Sonarqube, OWASP, WhiteSource, Coverity, Blackduck, Qualys, Snyk, Github Security, JFrog Xray, and similar.
- Awareness of monitoring, metrics, and observability platform technologies like Datadog, Dynatrace, New Relic, Splunk, Sumo, Prometheus, Elastic, Zabbix, or Nagios
- A passion for technology, automation, and innovation.
- Must be able to self-manage, balance priorities, and act independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication - presentation skills
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working and compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge