Summary of the position:
This role is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting CNC machine shop equipment and implementation of new CNC equipment and technology.
Duties and responsibilities:
- 3+ years prior experience as a mechanic, repair technician, or machine tool mechanic with an understanding of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and/or refrigeration systems.
- 1+ year proven experience effectively troubleshooting (including identifying machine control repair and modification) and utilizing relentless root cause analysis skills, with ability to provide mistake-proofed solutions.
- Ability to perform independent complex machine tool rebuilding highly preferred.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Basic reading skills necessary to perform the functions of the job.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on electrical components, tooling, and mechanical repair.
- Refrigerant reclaim certification highly preferred.
- Ability to rebuild, retrofit and repair electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems is highly preferred.
- Basic computer skills required (i.e., spreadsheets, data entry, email).
- 1+ year experience using precision measurement devices required (i.e., pressure gauges, meters, etc.).
- 1+ year experience working knowledge of machine shop equipment required (i.e., grinders, CNC, lathes, milling.
- 1+ year experience understanding technical blueprints, electrical schematics, and PLC ladder logic required.
- Prior demonstrated experience with troubleshooting equipment effectively required.
- Working knowledge of electronics and refrigeration.
- Experience with fabrication using a welder, torch, plasma cutter and sheet metal brake a plus.
- Experience with sourcing replacement parts a plus.
- Experience exhibiting customer-focused behavior through effective communication with internal customers, peers and leadership team required.
- Lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Lifting over 35 lbs. requires a lifting device, crane, or assistance from another associate.
- Standing and walking minimum of 8 hours.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, kneel and twist.
- Must understand and comply with Sullair Safety Standards.
- Participate in EHS quarterly audits, if required.
- Required to wear the proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the work area.
- Required to attend scheduled toolbox and safety meetings.
- Must immediately report injuries or unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and overtime.
- Critical Thinking
- Process Driven
- Good Communication Skills
- Team Oriented
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.