Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will lead and work with a cross-functional engineering team to prototype, design, and develop software solutions. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep development and leadership involvement from start to finish of each project.
- Drive clarity in an ambiguous technical environment
- Develop long term technical roadmaps and drive technical direction of a complex software system
- Guide and coach engineers to develop technical expertise and to maintain technical design - code standards
- Engage with engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs and approach
- Provide hands on contributions to design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software applications/systems
- Lead engineers to build and maintain products and solutions throughout its life cycle
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional engineering team members to turn requirements into prototypes, technical designs, and implementation
- Participate in reviews of business requirements
- Contribute to functional specifications and technical designs
- Participate in reviews of functional specifications, feature designs, and test plans
- Partner with other members of the management team to build a high performing product engineering team
Experience and Skills
Overall 10+ years of experience.
- 3-5+ years of hands-on contribution in software engineering or related field
- 2+ years of technical management experience
- Experience in designing solutions from scratch
- Experience in designing scalable distributed software
- Experience in developing long-term technical roadmaps
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented development and design principles
- Deep understanding of engineering processes
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
- Demonstrate ability to achieve results in a fast paced environment
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge