Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.Our Team
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are seeking an experienced Product Owner to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will engage with Product Management and engineering leaders to help shape requirements for the engineering team. You will work with cross-functional engineering and corporate teams to design, implement and deliver complex software products and solutions. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep product ownership from start to finish of each project.
- Own and drive numerous aspects of the product/solution as a member of a product owner team
- Research and understand our market, industry, and competition
- Participate in reviews of business requirements and understand customer use cases - challenges
- Map business requirements to technical features
- Assist with integrations, technology research, and architecture design
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional engineering team members to turn requirements into functional specifications and wireframes
- Take ownership for functional specifications
- Contribute to hands on engineering tasks and projects to deliver the product
- Participate in reviews of feature designs, test plans, documentation, and presentations
- Create content for and deliver knowledge transfer on new product features and enhancements
- Collaborate with cross-functional corporate teams on go-to-market related projects
Experience and Skills
- 10-15+ years of hands-on contribution in software engineering or related field
- Deep understanding of engineering processes
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for delivering results and a positive attitude for success
- Ability to handle and appropriately prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge