Supplier Development Engineer
- SUZHOU Job Family : Purchasing Level of Experience : Experienced
We are part of Hitachi Astemo focusing on world-leading advanced mobility solutions within the fields of electrification, autonomous driving, and connectivity to help reduce environmental damage, decrease traffic accidents, and improve comfort. Together, we contribute to a sustainable society and improved quality of life by providing mobility solutions that satisfy our customers and form the future core of automotive and motorcycle systems. Our people are at the heart of achieving these goals, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Our Brake Business Unit is one of the world's largest manufacturers of automotive braking solutions. Our products - disc brakes, drum brakes, electro-mechanical parking brakes and rotors - are dedicated to passenger cars, light commercial and two-wheeler vehicles through original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket distribution channels. We have a global footprint with operations in Europe, Asia, South Africa, North and South America.
We recruit and develop people from diverse backgrounds who can bring their skills and experience to our organization and make us even more effective. Own the Future and become a part of the team and join our organization.
Why Hitachi Astemo?
At Hitachi Astemo, Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit are practiced values - we respect each other, never pass the buck and work creatively to accomplish our mission. Our people are given exciting opportunities to develop and grow in a truly international business, where they are proud to be part of a collaborative and innovative team. Diversity & Inclusion is valued to build and leverage an inclusive work environment and embrace diversity to unlock our full potential. We believe that this will give us the strength to drive great innovations to create new values for people, vehicles and the society, and to unlock our full potential to become a global leader in everything we do.
Sound Interesting? Then we would like to get to know you. Apply online via our career site - we look forward to receiving your application! www.hitachiastemo.com/en/careersJob Purpose
Manage, for a specific category supplier development as regards quality, industrial performance and logistics in accordance with the group strategyKey Accountabilities & Key ActivitiesEstablish and develop the sourcing strategy
Assess and develop suppliers
- Establish and develop, with the global category manager, the sourcing strategy of their category and contribute to suppliers selections.
- Create and maintain a supplier base mapping in term of process, quality, cost data & drivers, capacity for its category.
- Scouting for potential new suppliers and technologies.
Execute reporting, training and lessons learned deployment
- Assess suppliers in quality, organizational and technical cost performance, capacity.
- Carry out supplier development initiatives on quality, cost, logistic on chosen supplier / technology / process / category.
- Carry out supplier PPAP documentation validation and process / capacity audits for new suppliers, new process technologies, and new development component types.
- Organize / facilitate co-design activities between suppliers and CBI engineering for new component concepts. Create and maintain process constraints design guide lines.
- Participate to SDR (Supplier Design Reviews) for new components types and first component of new suppliers
Key Professional Competencies
- Consolidate & deploy Lesson Learned and best practice worldwide.
- Create & maintain internal training material on its category
- Support to the regions in complex problem solving (i.e. quality)
Key Personal Competencies
- Deep automotive and supplier knowledge
- Deep product and quality knowledge
- Plastic injection molding and/or DC
- Deep knowledge of the category manage in terms of technology
- Negotiation skills
- Process improvement skills
- Fluent English level
Qualification & Experience
- Analytical & Problem Solving
- Influence & Persuasion
- Relationship Building
- Rhythm & Intensity
- Communication & Presentation
- Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in purchasing or quality or manufacturing in international context