Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will work with your scrum team to prototype, design, develop, and qualify software solutions. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep development and test involvement from start to finish for each project.
- Design, develop, qualify, and support scalable software applications/systems
- Collaborate and work with scrum team members to turn requirements into prototypes, functional specifications, technical designs, and implementation
- Contribute to defining, implementing, and testing of user stories
- Help drive technical direction of a complex software system
- Advocate for the quality of the product through leading in this competency on your scrum team
- Participate in creating, running and maintaining White Box and Black Box test suites to ensure regression coverage and software quality with a focus on automation
- Collaborate with developers across scrum teams to maintain technical design and code standards
- Triage and document test failures, validate veracity of fixes and ensure new regression coverage as necessary
- Participate in reviews of business requirements
Experience and Skills
- 2-5 years of hands-on contribution in software engineering or related field
- Experience in testing solutions and scalable distributed software
- Knowledge of Object Oriented development and design principles
- Understanding of engineering processes (including Agile methodologies)
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for ensuring software quality
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge