Job description SENIOR SYSTEM ENGINEER Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
General System Integration design in turn key projects in order to meet the requirements imposed by the various contracts either for the Tender and Backlog Projects . Accountabilities:
- System integration between all major stakeholder and delivery companies of the consortium and customer.
- Interface manager between all major stakeholders and delivery companies of the consortium and customer.
- Oversight and coordination of Interface Manager, Commissioning Manager, and Requirements Manager .
- Define Concept of Operations for the project including identifying operational scenarios and use cases
- Define System Architecture for the project (logical, functional, and physical architectures)
- Lead scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer
- Lead System Requirements effort and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Serve as the project's cross-functional technical interface between product development, engineering, manufacturing, verification & validation, commissioning, and RAMS teams.
- Identify, define, control and manage system interfaces
- Acquire deep understanding of subsystems provided by external suppliers and ensure compatibility at system level
- Support project Engineering in all technical decisions
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
- Support Customer design review and internal design reviews
- Define impact analysis for proposed changes to the system and support System Configuration Management through the whole lifecycle
- Ensure compliance with company processes
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
Job requirements Skills and Knowledge Categories: Education:
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Experience:
English & languages knowledge:
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience as lead systems/design engineer for engineering system applications
- Ability to acquire deep understanding of new technologies with minimal guidance Strong prior experience applying fundamental Systems Engineering concepts:
- V-lifecycle, System Architecture, Requirements Management, Configuration Management, Interface Management.
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
- Railway Operations and Signaling principles: Knowledge of the main railway principles and the related signaling functionalities.
English & native project languages knowledge