Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is looking for an experienced Sales Enablement professional who infuses fun and work to ensure our industry leading sales professional have what they need to bring the Hitachi Vantara offering directly to the customer.
Reporting to the Vice President Global Sales Enablement with alignment to the Commercial segment sales organization, and includes Inside sales coaching, this is a role responsible for providing direction and enablement to help mitigate the challenges of inside selling utilizing our partner organization.
This role requires considerable cross-functional collaboration and orchestration. This includes close alignment to both the Commercial and Strategic Partner - Alliances organizations, to both understand and align to the overarching Commercial strategy and specific enablement requirements and goals of our commercial segmentation.
We are looking for an Inside Sales Coach to coordinate training activities that will help maximize our inside sales team's performance, aligning with our sales methodology and working closely with our global sales enablement sales coach.
The Commercial enablement specialist responsibilities include mentoring new salespeople, designing individual and team training courses and preparing sales enablement material. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sales techniques and the ability to motivate employees of varying seniority.
Additionally, the position will identify skill gaps and provide just in time coaching and support enablement and communication efforts across sales teams to support new product launches, system/tool/process awareness, etc. to drive execution in the field
Ultimately, you will help our salespeople develop their skills and achieve their quotas. Ideal location is Dallas, Texas.What you will be doing
• Develop and lead the strategy, plans and execution that provide our Commercial salespeople with resources to conduct powerful interactions with prospects, enabling them to sell more effectively.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver inside sales training courses
• Demonstrating sales skills for example, social selling and how it applies to inside sales
• Apply a commercial lens to validate Hitachi Vantara planned sales plays, from scoping each proposition for inside sales and partner fit, through development to ensure the unique needs of inside sales and partners are reflected.
• Collaborating with Sales teams, Sales Leadership and SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to assess, analyse and develop programs to upskill sales core competencies and performance of all defined sales representatives as well as work with all relevant parties to define/develop solutions to improve performance
• Work with the Global Sales Enablement internal onboarding program and maintain onboarding curriculum for new sales and presales personnel in our commercial segmentation.
• Manage relationships to ensure closed loop feedback with Geo field teams and with HQ cross-functional teams to ensure partner centricity of plans and activities.What you will bring to the team
• Training/learning development experience or a combination of education and relevant experience in a related functional area will be considered
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven record of driving programs and projects independently with success
• Exceptional organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
• Strong technical proficiency and the ability to learn complex systems quickly
• Able to travel as needed (up to 30%) domestically with some international travel
• Sales (Field/Inside/Channel) experience is necessary
• Familiarity with sales methodologies and their adaptation into a sales environment
• Awareness of or experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM preferred
• You'll have a minimum of 3 years' experience of training and mentoring Inside Sales teams
• You'll have experience of designing and implementing training material
• Your presentation and communication skills are on point, and you have experience in presenting information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures
• You'll have worked in Sales before with experience in carrying a sales quota and applying consultative sales methodologies
• You will demonstrate an in depth understanding of deal inspection and opportunity review
• You will demonstrate strategies for building pipeline, maturing deals and telephone closing techniquesOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge