About Hitachi Vantara
Hitachi Vantara is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd and is one of the top three storage vendors in the world. Our customers include more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100 companies in various sectors including Banking and Finance, Education, Government and Healthcare. We have sales in more than 100 countries and regions. Hitachi Vantara employs more than 4,100 employees.
The Hitachi Vantara Vision is clear and compelling, Data drives our world and information is the new currency. Send it. Receive it. Use it. Information has become our most valuable asset. The challenge for global businesses lies in making it both available and secure. We don't just sell storage we provide customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Our solutions have the power to enhance and change lives.What you'll be doing
Work individually or as part of a team to provide technical support, account co-ordination, problem determination assistance and installation support to HITACHI VANTARA Customer base and Sales/SE organisation.
• Timely and logical solution of storage technology and associated infrastructure problems
• Providing problem management through the use of Clarify and interfacing with the Global Support Group
• Performing preventive maintenance according to recommended routines and procedures.
• Installation of new equipment and field modifications, using written instructions
• Providing timely advice or assistance on technical matters
• Ensuring high levels of Customer satisfaction for assigned Customers
• Observing equipment down-time reporting procedures and complete site documentation, as directed by superior
• Understand the responsibilities and fulfil the associated actions required by those elements of the Quality System, as defined in HITACHI VANTARA Policies and Procedures, appropriate to the job function
• Identifying opportunities for improving Customer care, whether internal or external to HITACHI VANTARA, and initiates actions using the appropriate improvement processWhat you bring to the team
• Formal education
• 5 - 6 years experience as a Storage Engineer with HITACHI VANTARA or competitor products
• Wide experience of IBM data processing environment
• In depth knowledge of one or more major hardware systems
• Knowledge of applicable HITACHI VANTARA products
• Conversant with written and spoken business and colloquial English
• Well organised, adaptable, clear thinker, able to work unsupervised
• Willingness to accept responsibility
• Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problemsOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge