Technical Software ArchitectThe Company
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a high energy, teamwork oriented, technical architect to work as part of the engineering organization responsible for the development of the IoT product line, in particular Smart Spaces and Video Intelligence related applications.
Working in close collaboration with an international team of industry experts co-located between Europe and United States, the individual will be part of an agile SCRUM team and will be proactively part of the full-software technical decisions and development cycle, from requirements analysis and estimation till the development and deploy of the product, also working in collaboration of a Quality Assurance team.
The role will be focused on planning and designing cutting-edge technology services, supporting the engineering team via technical mentorship and code reviews. The architect will collaborate with the engineering manager and the product owner in an outcome-oriented environment where responsibility, creativity, innovation and self-discipline are highly considered.Responsibilities
• Design and overview the architecture of distributed software services that are used globally by Hitachi Vantara customers.
• Provide technical mentorship to the development and QA team in an Agile SCRUM team.
• Assist Engineering Manager and Product Owner in planning and estimating new features, emphasizing the technical pros and cons of different solutions.
• Support the team during the development of new capabilities and features for Hitachi Vantara IoT applications, based on requirement, corporate standards and UX Designers mockups.
• Perform code review and technical assessment with developers.
• Identify technical debts and blockers and provide solutions to the product stakeholders.
• Define technical guidelines for the team to follow.
• Interaction with the rest of the international teams through various collaboration software: from messaging to task tracking and conf-call applications.
• Collaborate with Product Owners during grooming, planning and development phase to ensure the development follows the requirements.
• Collaborate with QA Engineering team to ensure the correct qualification of the product releases.
• INNOVATE AND DRIVE CHANGES! Hitachi Vantara is a no-fuss, safe and healthy organization. We share, we brainstorm and we enjoy a friendly atmosphere together, where everyone's opinion matters and can contribute to the team success. We are willing to help each other's and we win together as a team.Qualifications
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and related best practices.
• Capability to discuss and lead architectural and infrastructural decisions, evaluating pros and cons of the various scenarios.
• 15+ years of experience in software development.
• Deep knowledge of software architecture and infrastructure, with proven experience in deploying distributed and high availability cloud services
• Experience of Microsoft .Net Framework, in particular .Net Core in C#.
• Experience in working with Messaging and stream processing systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc..)
• Experience on Container based orchestrated environments and related technologies (K8, Docker, etc..)
• Experience in cloud computing platform, in particular Azure and AWS.
• Experience on database solutions, from SQL to No-SQL to Graph.
• Knowledge of version-control systems, in particular Git and related platforms (GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab).
• Understanding of collaboration platforms (JIRA, Slack, etc..).
• Understanding of automation, continuous integration and build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI, etc...).
• Understanding of Agile methodology principles and SCRUM framework basics.Education and Requirements
• Degree or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
• Full professional proficiency of read, written and spoken English.
• Availability to possible spot, short-time (1 weeks average), travel worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.