Manager: Mfg / IIoT Solution Architecture and Consulting
We're looking for a software leader to provide strategic direction in Industry 4.0/IIoT with significant bottom line impact. This role in mfg. group would lead the team by providing low level architecture design for a multi cloud product, client level software architecture and oversee technical delivery of related projects. Read about product at https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/iot.html
Green card or US Citizenship required as this role may interact with government clients.Responsibilities
• Contribute to development of new and existing software solutions by leading customer need analysis and having deep architecture and manufacturing functional knowledge
• Work with the Sales team to help sell new projects and create new functional requirements
• Provide functional expertise to solution development and project delivery and be expert in one or more functional domain such as Quality, Production, Maintenance, Safety, Supply Chain
• Ensure that delivery of our offerings and solutions is of high quality and meets client needs
• Collaborate with global team members to do product development using industry standard agile and test-driven development
• Work with project managers, on-shore/off-shore delivery team to deliver product in an Agile, DevOps environment
• Expertise in building and delivering cloud-native and data-driven stack
• Integrate and lead development of AI/ML solution in smart factories, in collaboration with data scientists
• Full stack development in Java, microservices, python, DevOps, AWS, Time series databases. We expect our software development leaders to be capable of writing OO code modules and lead the team by example.
• Build secure composable solutions
• You should have experience in using open source frameworks and have background in IoT/IIoT domain. A focus to develop successful products, constantly dig into the manufacturing customer use cases, and learn from the domain experts are some of the important aspect of this job function. Translating the use cases into innovative solutions would be the primary objective.
• Bachelors or master's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• At least 8 years' experience in software development
• Over 3 years' manufacturing domain experience
• At least 3 years' of experience managing technical teams
• At least 5 years' experience in Architecture / Solution Delivery in large Manufacturing Organization or Tier 2 Consulting firm
• At least 5 years' of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure. Advanced cloud certification is a mus and experience with Data Science or Auto-ML system is highly relevant. Also experience with LCNC platforms like Outsystem, Mendix, Appian is highly relevant.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge