Job ID: R0002898
Date Posted: Jun 9, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Company: Hitachi Industrial Equipment & Solutions America, LLC. (HIESA)
Division: Marking and Coding
Location: Remote/Home Office in Chicagoland
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Summary: Hitachi Industrial Equipment & Solutions America, LLC. is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer. The position will be responsible for supporting the sales & growth of Marking & Coding products and equipment and with the supplies that support these products. This person would be responsible for the Chicagoland area. He/she will create and implement sales and marketing of HIESA products in the territory.
• Increase sales volume with both new and existing HIESA products within the territory focusing on achieving HIESA budget goals.
• Develop new customers and applications by working alongside the HIESA support team.
• Provide support to existing customers to lower their costs and assist in training their staff.
• Participate in and contribute to programs and/or activities as assigned by management.
• Grow your awareness of the applications & all products HIESA distributes in growing the business
• Forecasting: Actively participate in the development of the sales forecast and developing the
growth of the HIESA products in your territory.
• Market Intelligence: Provide information to the Product Management team; customer value,
competitive activities, regional market trend, and competitive comparisons.
• Performance Communication: Assist management to communicate our business, product
and territorial sales performance. Submit special reports as requested by HIESA staff in the assigned territory, acceptance or rejection of the products and competitive conditions beneficial to the company management.
• Work with HIESA inside support staff and technical support to further the growth of the business within each customer.
• Trade Shows & traveling: Work different trade shows to support the vendor and HIESA sales. Be willing to travel and stay overnight as needed within the territory or per management requirements which are reasonable for both parties.
• BS in business or related field is strongly preferred.
• 5-7 years of Industrial sales experience, preferably in the packaging, marking, and labeling business is required.
• Have a solid understanding of local area networking and territory management to concepts and
standards needed to sell and manage equipment sales.
• Having a basic understanding of mechanical and electronic equipment
• Willingness and desire to win and support the HIESA team, through sales & service of its products.
• Strong Customer focus
• Self-motivated, high initiative, self-directed.
• Strong attention to details
• Achievement oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft office Suite.
• Ability to travel by vehicle daily and overnight 15%-30% in the U.S. assigned territory
as needed to meet growth and customer needs
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.