Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail
business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting role you will responsible for the facilities admin support to facilities team at Bounds Green TMC. Planning preventative and corrective maintenance, call outs and repairs. This will include planning around daily operational requirements, contractors, spare parts & materials availability, staff availability and when required access to rolling stock and drivers and the production of daily weekly and month reporting from the Bounds Green TMC.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract working Monday to Friday on a days shift.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Collection / preparation / reporting of all TMC LCC spend to enable the contractual draw down to be administered by the Facilities Manager.
- Administration with regards to the P2P purchasing system including creating and managing PRs, Managing POs, Managing the departmental debit card, Process relevant invoices and GRN procedure.
- SAP Administration - Utilising the SAP business systems prepare of the Daily Weekly Month contractual reporting to include planned and preventative maintenance, repairs, time spent for the Facilities Department.
- Audits – Support the Facilities Team with presentation of the necessary records for internal and external audits including ISO, ORR and customer audits.
- Plan the preventative and corrective maintenance and repairs internally for the local facilities team and eternally with 3rd part contract support.
- Act as SAP super user for the Facilities Team include mentoring and training where required.
- Create and manage SAP assets with support from the UK Central SAP Support team.
- SAP Administration to include Functional locations, Assets, Notifications, Work orders, Equipment structures, Task lists, spare parts, Maintenance plans, Maintenance cycles and maintenance instructions.
- To provide assistance in implementing and maintaining departmental records and procedures.
- To assist in the training / induction of new personnel. This includes escorting visitors and contractors around site as required
- Reactive work - Reactive work input, tracking, close out and reporting. Network Rail fault logging and tracking. Transferring of work arising from external/internal reports to reactive work.
- Administration, access, training and use of 3rd party online portals where required
- Administration of contractor attendance, maintaining service sheets, tracking relevant documentation and induction where required.
- Support the purchasing and Sourcing of spares/materials/services where required including filing and attached all invoices in the SAP system.
- Capturing the Facilities Team training requirements and liaising with the training department for delivery of training to the team.
- Tracking of the required safety critical and operational briefs and reporting finding to the enable the management team.
- Analysis and Reporting - Produce analysis and management reporting to the Head of Facilities to monitor the performance of the assets, service providers and statutory compliance including:
- Statutory compliance – all PPMs and statutory inspections completed on time
- Supplier performance – In-house and service providers SLAs and KPIs and number of reactive requests
- Critical spares – Usage of spares and recommendations for critical spares
- Financial Reporting – Operational and maintenance costs per asset
- Energy – Cost and consumption of all utilities, monitored against year on year and targets
- Waste – Cost and waste disposal by waste stream
- Trend Analysis – Analyse reporting for patterns and trends both negative and positive across all assets and service providers
- Assist and undertaken other duties as instructed by the Facilities Manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Calm and diplomatic under pressure.
- Strong IT skills – typically Word, Outlook. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Team worker, the position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professional telephone manner and the ability to greet all visitors to the depot in a professional and friendly manner
- Experience working within a Rail maintenance environment
- Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times.
- Pragmatic, practical and flexible attitude
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 27th June 2021.