Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Job Overview
Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, this accounting professional will manage timely and accurate financial reporting for the legacy Hitachi Consulting business unit. This individual should possess strong project management techniques and communication skills to execute cross-functional and global projects.
This role will ensure all areas of monthly global financial close and reporting for the Hitachi Consulting business unit are completed and in line with Corporate Controllership. This individual will also be responsible for timely GL consolidation of Hitachi Consulting business unit to Hitachi Vantara corporate. This individual will also ensure relevant monthly account reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely matter. This role will also analyze significant variances and coordinate with GEO Controllership and GEO Finance for reconciliation and resolution.
This role will prepare clear and concise management presentation and reports under the direction of the Assistant Corporate Controller.Role Description:
• Perform month-end close functions through ERP accounting system (Oracle) under the direction of Corporate to ensure HGDH is in compliance with the appropriate accounting standard.
• Perform month-end and quarter-end reporting activities for global consolidated closing through group financial reporting system (Hi-Tree reporting).
• Prepare analysis of period end financial reports for management team, as requested by Assistant Corporate Controller or Chief Accounting Officer.
• Coordinate and work closely with Hitachi Ltd liaison team and global shared services.
• Reconcile all the Balance Sheet Items including Intercompany across regions.
• Support and coordinate internal and external Audit & Compliance activities for HGDH.
• Support continuous process improvement and documentation for the business unit. Required
• Minimum 5 years accounting experience with strong understanding of financial statement preparation
• Unquestionable ethics and integrity
• Experience with Oracle R12 preferred
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Office skills
• Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills
• Fluent in English
• Ability to work closely with a senior management team
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task various projects & initiatives
• Attention to details, organized and thorough, with the desire for continuous improvement
• Experience working with internal/external auditors
• Ability to work extended/flexible hours during peak periods including monthly close and expectation of partial day overlap with US pacific standard time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.