Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, this role will be key to developing, delivering and supporting enterprise network solutions, (both internal and external) that will enable Hitachi Vantara to be a leader in the delivery of solutions for Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and Social Innovation. The Hitachi Vantara Network team is rethinking everything with an emphasis on leveraging software defined solutions in the LAN, WAN, and Data Center, driving automation throughout the network service stack and increasing efficiency and reliability of delivered services.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Engineer, design and deploy network security and solutions based on business, strategic, and technical requirements with a focus in NextGen firewalls , IDS/IPS, content filtering, Antivirus and Antimalware in NGFW devices.
- Develop infrastructure roadmaps, conduct feasibility studies, and review proposals with peer IT groups
- Deploy solutions starting with the proof of concept and continuing through full deployment and support transition to Operations teams
- Identify, recommend and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts
- Find and recommend new and innovative products, services and solutions
- Drive innovation and automation across the network and enable other teams to do the same
- Act as an escalation point to Operations teams and a mentor to other Network Engineers
- Demonstrable experience in Palo Alto firewalls , Panorama with implementation knowledge of firewall rules based on application ID - users ID.
- Demonstrable experience in Bluecoat proxy server and migration of proxy service/content filtering service from bluecoat to Palo Alto firewalls
- Deployment experience of PaloAlto firewalls in virtual environment
- Network experience in routing and switching for 5 at least 5 years with understanding of OSPF, BGP, Vlans, HSRP/VRRP and other Layer 2 protocols
- Knowledge in ITIL processes - incident management, problem management, capacity planning, Availability management, QoS
- ISO processes like BCP/DR
- Hands-on experience using network simulation, automation and scripting tools
- Knowledge and use of network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Orion, Panorama, Cisco Prime, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools)
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on LAN, WAN and firewalls specifically Palo Alto firewalls.
- Industry certifications such as Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA) and Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) is mandatory
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Hardware knowledge: Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Bluecoat, Riverbed, AppNeta
- Software knowledge: Cisco IOS/NXOS, PAN-OS, SolarWinds, Wireshark
- Location: US Remote
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $90K - $125K. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.