Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Must Have Skills
Good to Have Skills
- Expert knowledge of Oracle EBS R12 in single and multi-node environments.
- Strong DBA skills with in-depth knowledge of different Oracle versions (9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, 19c).
- Experience and strong knowledge in cross platform migrations
- Experience in OCI cloud migrations and working knowledge on OCI
- Experience in setup and managing of HA (RAC), Standby DB, PCP, DMZ configurations
- Experience in Upgrade, implementation, Tech efresh, Cloud Migration actiivities
- Experience with Oracle RAC, ASM, Data Guard, Data Masking, GoldenGate, Label Security are preferable.
- Experience with Oracle SOA Suite, Fusion Middleware, Weblogic, OEM Grid Control would be an advantage.
- Experience with Exadata would be an advantage.
- Experience with Unix/Linux in a multi-domain environment including basic commands and shell scripting.
- Oracle Recovery Manager, Import/Export (and Datapump), SQL*Loader
- Working knowledge / Good Understanding in VM,OS and Infrastructure layers
Roles - Responsibilities
- Familiarity with other databases like MS SQL, MySQL is a plus.
- Planning (including design and architecture), installing, configuring - maintaining Oracle EBS environments and Oracle Databases
- Performing problem diagnoses and determining resolution for application, system and database. May need to work with vendors, development team and infrastructure teams to provide problem resolution.
- Monitor database and server logs for unusual events, and troubleshoot errors.
- Research and improvise and tune current DB design and components
- Design and implement and assist DB backup and restoration
- Gather information on related DB technologies to improvise current DB operations
- Ensure compliance to security as per organization's required standards
- Install, configure and upgrade Oracle server software and related products (e.g. RAC, Data Partitioning, Data Guard, etc) whenever necessary.
- Perform EBS and database cloning.
- Perform database housekeeping.
- Monitor application related jobs and work with application developers to enhance the application performance.
- Ensure that potential problems, such as performance degradation, reliability and security are addressed proactively.
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations.
- Work with team to support achievement of project milestones and deliver on internal and/or external commitments.
- Excellent cooperation and communication skills
- Problem solver, and team player
- Responsible and proactive
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work on multiple activities and projects
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge