Job ID: R0002975
Date Posted: Jun 8, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Legal, Compliance & Audit
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Manager, Health, Safety & Environmental
Company: Hitachi Astemo Electric Motor Systems America, Inc.
Division: Health, Safety & Environmental
Location: Berea, KY
Status: Regular, Full-Time (Exempt)
Summary: Exercises responsibility for execution of HSE strategic and tactical plans through department and related staff for the Health, Safety & Environmental Department. This position has broad responsibilities for the department and develops priorities and objectives and oversees implementation in addition to maintaining an active, hands-on HSE presence. This position exercises independent judgment routinely and operates within established guidelines.
Essential Functions: Includes the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by local management and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at (Astemo)USMS and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company):
• Coordinate safety activities with the corporate HSE department to assure effective implementation of programs and policies.
• Provide workplace specific plans when required to meet the applicable technical documents and regulatory requirements.
• Conduct training needs assessment and assist in planning training activities.
• Coordinate HSE activities with department/area management and assign HSE staff responsibilities.
• Perform hazard risk analysis for each area of operation.
• Conduct periodic HSE evaluations and compliance audits of each facility and determine hazards to be identified during job safety analysis training.
• Provide technical support and assist department management in completing routine department/area audits.
•Provide resource information on HSE to staff and management and conduct HSE metric trend and injury analysis.
• Develop and implement emergency response plans and routinely test their effectiveness.
• Responsible for determining permitting requirements and obtaining necessary permits to meet federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for determining air, soil, water, process, facility and equipment permitting requirements and obtaining said permits to meet Federal, State, and local regulatory requirements.
• Continually research systems of change and innovative preventive strategies for continual improvement of programs.
• Department overhead budget administration.
• Development of HSE policies, procedures and strategies utilizing a high degree of independent thinking and creativity.
• HSE performance management processes.
• Assistant with employee communication and relations activities as required.
• Ensure legal compliance in all HSE/Human Resource actions.
• Department/organizational training and development requirements.
• Support all business objectives of the company by aligning Human Resource activities with the organizational goals and objectives.
• Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff required. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information is required.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and follows all regulations and requirements related to safety and environmental compliance.
• Responsible for following all quality policy standards.
• Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Possess ability to perform duties utilizing current company software applications.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. This position performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner.
Education: Bachelor's degree or 7 years’ related experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervisory responsibilities may be possible to perform the job duties as designated by area management.
Physical Demands: Required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to work 40 - 60 hours per week.
Travel: Domestic and international may be required as needed.
Work Environment: Working in an office environment with exposure to manufacturing areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.