Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Development Engineer is responsible for understanding and implementing various customer requirements for Hitachi Vantara Products.
This role requires proven and recent hands-on experience in software development. Engineer should :
• Be an advocate of Object Oriented Programming (preferably Java based implementation), Object Oriented Design Principles and Design Patterns.
• Demonstrate excellent problem solving and communication skills.Responsibilities
As a development engineer, in your normal day you will be:
• understanding requirement(s) and implement it using the technology stack.
• coming up with unit test cases and automation test cases based on various use cases that are implemented in your requirement.
• implement unit test cases and automation test cases around your code.
• presenting demo to various stake holders for requirement(s) implemented by you within a product.
• participate and work with Agile project teams spread across different geographies (primarily the U.S.).
• participate in code reviews, design discussions and task breakdown discussions.
• required to be flexible in terms of working on new technology.
Experience and Skills RequiredRequired skills
3-4 years of experience in software development
• Understanding of OOP concepts, design principles and design patterns.
• Hands-on experience of working in Java and developing REST API based applications.
• Working experience of frameworks/libraries - Spring, Spring Boot and ORM.
• Working knowledge of containers and applications development cycle in Kubernetes.
• Well versed with Linux based operating system.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment distributed across different geographies.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.Desirable skills
• Experience on working with at-least one CSP (AWS / Azure / Google).
• Knowledge of bash scripting.
• Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and how they are developed.
• Experience of working in and advocating agile environments.
• Understanding of agile software development methodologies like daily scrum, sprint grooming / planning / closing rituals, task break down methodologies like story mapping, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.