Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The IoT Applications team is looking for an experienced great software QA engineer (both manual and automation testing) to architect test plans, design test cases and provide hands-on leadership during test execution. This role is a hands-on software QA engineer who helps to proactively address issues and potential bugs within an application during the development cycles.
Other duties may include, unit testing, manual testing, writing SQL queries, database testing, performance, load testing, develop test strategy, test plans and manual test scripts, and monitor/track to resolution application defects. Utilize technical and functional knowledge of application to aid in identifying, evaluating, and resolving moderately complex test problems in a multi operating system and network environment.
The team utilizes a highly collaborative feature development model that requires deep QA
involvement on all engineering projects from start to finish. The QA Team is also counted on to provide significant engineering leadership during the Release End Game phase. Candidate must be detail oriented, passionate about efficiently delivering high quality software-based storage solutions to the market.
Our application offers Intelligence to help complexity into simplicity and insights into actions, smart spaces solution from Hitachi, to make smart space more responsive, predictive, and automated, an end- to-end intelligence solution. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better solution. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Responsibilities
• Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases to validate application functional requirements.
• Design, develop, execute, and maintain automation suites of scripts using open-source tools, lead automation effort.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
• Analyze test results on errors or bugs, and usability, troubleshoot and debugging issues.
• Work closely with developers to provide valuable information throughout the development cycle to help development team.
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to ensure adequate testing.
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
• Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• Test outside the boundaries to ensure the best products.
• Recognize the importance of detailed, specific information on the precise nature of a flaw, including details on how it can be reproduced.Required Qualifications
• 5+ years of software engineering experience.
• 5+ years of automation or regression testing experience.
• 5 + years of experience designing and implementing solutions for test automation using Selenium, Python and Java.
• 5+ years of scripting and automation experience.
• 3+ years of experience with databases such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
• 3+ years of PL/SQL experience.
• 3+ years of experience for Test Planning, Test Status Reporting and Test Preparation.
• 1+ year of JIRA experience and Agile methodologies.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.Desired Qualifications
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly goes a long way when writing automation scripts using languages Perl, Python, Ruby, Java and understand frameworks like Selenium.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of business requirement analysis and design including. documentation of data and system architectures.
• Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation.
• Hand-on experience on UI and API testing.
• Hand-on experience on Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems.
• Experience with performance and/or security testing.
• Experience with container and relative orchestration systems (K8, Docker).
• Experience with continuous integration and build tools (Jenkins, GitLab).Other Desired Qualifications
• 4+ years of experience in Automation and Continuous Integration-Continuous Development (CI-CD) of Full Circle applications.
• 2+ years of Agile experience - tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.