Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Automation Software Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PAWho We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.Success Criteria
• The successful Senior Software Engineer exhibits the characteristics of a great leader. These include intelligence, self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, social skill, empathy, humor, passion, courage, compassion and toughness that combine to form a leader that people are eager to follow.
• You will have the opportunity to contribute to building features and components in our ATS software systems that are deployed to production customers. This will enable to develop wisdom derived from the experience of delivering production systems in the rail industry.
• You will be challenged to learn the rail domain and the continually advancing technologies that foster innovation solutions for our customers.
• As an experienced and accomplished member of our team, you will succeed in developing those around you by sharing, teaching and mentoring. Your presence will multiply those around making the group collectively more successful.
• You will collaborate cross functionally and globally. Woven into our fabric is the core value that we are more successful collectively collaborating to create great results. While individual contributions are objectified and rewarded, succeeding as a team is favored over creating cast towers of individual knowledge.
• Embrace appropriate risk taking and learning from the occasional failures that sometimes occur. You will push yourself and the team beyond what you think the limits are to continuously evolve us and the state of our craft.
• Effective written and verbal communications skills are imperatives to socialize and influence the organization. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• 5+ years of experience in the broad spectrum of the software developer life-cycle.
• Significant experience building enterprise class, multi-process, fault tolerant load balanced and multi-tiered systems.
• Expert level C++ programming skills that leverage advanced constructs of the language.
• Experience applying Object-Oriented Design principles and patterns.
• Extensive knowledge of developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
• Strong diagnostic and analytical skills.
• Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, branching and versioning and DevOps.
• Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
• Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality.
• Energizes those around them when working with a team while having the ability to go solo when appropriate.
• Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience implementing and sustaining mission critical enterprise systems. Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Prior experience in control systems or embedded systems
• Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum or other Agile processes
• SQL database data modeling and interaction Education / Qualifications
• Bachelors degree in Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent technical/scientific backgroundLanguages
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/