Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Software Engineering Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Responsibilities:
• You will serve as a people manager for 12-16 software engineers with technical, hands-on software engineering mentoring while fostering a high-performance culture.
• You will lead and grow software engineering teams to deliver next-generation ATS dispatching solutions.
• You will meet regularly with team members 1:1 to provide actionable feedback that supports their career development.
• You will cultivate an environment that empowers team members and provides a sense of ownership and belonging on diverse teams.
• You will assist in co-creating lean software engineering practices
• You will work with system engineering, configuration, project management, and product leadership to ensure alignment and progress towards meeting project milestones.
• You will collaborate cross-functionally and drive software engineering improvements.
• You will ensure teams build software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in object-oriented development
• Communicator and influencer with experience managing cross-team and cross-geography collaborations
• Passionate about engineering a healthy team culture Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Prior experience building and managing high-performing software engineering teams in an Agile environment
• Masters degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
• Prior experience with distributed control systems development
• C++ and/or Angular/JS experience a plus
• Experience with influencing the mindset shift from Waterfall to Agile methodologies Education / Qualifications
• Bachelors degree in Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent technical/scientific background Languages
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/