Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
1. Craft our Data Protection product strategy and roadmap.
2. Work with technology partners and build joint solutions with next generation partners who develop data protection solutions for IT and Security Ops Management.
3. Identify new markets, new products and emerging technologies and build/strengthen partnerships with leading providers in the data protection market to enhance Hitachi Vantara product portfolio.
4. Build formal specifications to guide potential partners and Engineering teams on technical specs. Drive product requirements for Data Protection of virtualized, containerized environments and other workloads, both on-prem and in the cloud.
5. Regularly study market trends and competitive products, understand competition's value-positioning, and recommend product strategy to ensure roadmaps, pricing, and features are well-positioned to be successful.
6. Prepare presentations, white papers, and comparative charts showing Hitachi's value-add and present during customer meetings, trade shows and executive briefings.
7. Identify customer problems in the target market segments, and translate these into market requirements and use cases. Work with Marketing team to develop Market Requirements Documents (MRD) and author Product Requirements Documents (PRD) to describe features and enhancements aligned with product strategy. Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements based on business and customer needs. Create and maintain business plans for assigned products.
8. Manage the entire lifecycle of the assigned product(s) and solutions. Requires experience in applying all elements of product life-cycle management, including launch, transition, and end-of-life.
9. Manage all Go-to-Market (GTM) activities for new products, upgrades, and revisions and coordinate with a cross-functional team toward successful product launch/update.
10. Perform other duties as assigned
Primary Qualification and Experience:
1. BS degree, preferably in Computer Science. Master's degree in EE/CE/CS or MBA a plus.
2. 5+ years of experience in Product Management, with at least 3 years in the Data Protection Industry
3. Deep understanding of competitive landscape in data management and data protection market.
4. Good understanding of Cloud Infrastructure, SaaS applications and their security needs.
5. Proven and hands-on experience within the storage industry across Flash, Private/Public Cloud and data protection software from leading vendors.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong drive for results. Outstanding customer focus and critical thinking skills.
Position is based in the United States. Ability to travel about 25% of the time. Errors have a high impact on product margin, sales and supportability. This is an exciting position that requires a candidate passionate about continuously delivering highly innovative combined software- and hardware-based storage solutions to the market.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge