Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Traction Power & Power Supply Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Ensure the identification and resolution of the PS & TP interfaces with the main subsystems (e.g. Signalling, CW, Auxiliary systems etc.)
- Guarantee that the delivery of every system is achieved in compliance with engineering guidelines, quality standards, timing and cost constraints
- Ensure the interface with the Commissioning Manager to plan test and coordinate of operational activities on site according to schedule
- Ensure the Verification activities on Power Supply & Traction Power documents, according to the V&V Plan
- Perform the test and issue the test report, issue non compliances according to quality procedures and purpose remedy actions.
- Support capitalization and sharing of knowledge related to the specific PS & TP (e.g. best practice, lesson learned)
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Two to five years' related experience
- Experience in power supply & traction power projects, especially Metro rail Project
- One to two or more years of experience in railways systems, traction power & power supply design & commissioning activities
Master's Degree, preferred Languages
: English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
% travel required 0-25%
Job type Full time